Official Subeta Giveaway!

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Iggy

Re: Official Subeta Giveaway!

Post by Iggy »

Nope, with old giveaways, Keith had to put a certain quantity of items in, if I remember right. :) Manually, not automatically.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I'm putting up whatever I don't want in my trades if anyone wants them: http://subeta.net/trade/search.php/find:lavenderkennedy. Just mention NC and it's yours.

Right now there's a Hammerhead and a Kanis Elixir. Nothing fancy, but I don't want them. :P {eta2} I'm also going to throw in stuff I got from my wizard quests.

{eta} Oh, and just so people know, there is a 5 minute waiting period between getting stuff - just like the DC giveaways :)
Last edited by lavender on 24 Dec 2008 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Dollfie
Human Avatar: 227963

Post by Dollfie »

I am not a fan of the shop, much as I wasn't before. I have the slowest internet possible, so much so that people who visit me would usually rather spend two weeks not checking their email than trying to load the pages. DX On top of that I'm pretty poor at restocking.

However I am a masochist so I will randomly continue to try to get something, anything. I was online when it started and tried for the time that the site stayed functional. Nothing. And I've tried for a while this morning. Nothing.

I miss the DC giveaways. Restocking is work and a competition. The old way was never so disheartening, even when I'd get offline to sleep and come back to find something super spiffy had been released and I'd missed it. The only thing I can really look forward to now is that some of the items I like deflate a bit so that maybe I can afford them.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that I am grateful to the staff for trying to do something nice for us. I am a little disappointed by some staffers attitudes towards the users but I think everyone is getting frustrated. Hopefully everyone can calm down and recover their holiday spirit.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

I just got a Centropolis Greeting Card for thirty minutes of refreshing. I think the main thing that I dislike is that in the DC you could always get something, even if it was worthless. It's just very frustrating to sit there for a long time and have nothing to show for it.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

stinkbomb wrote:There is no fun, there is no feeling of festivity. I feel like I am at the mall on Christmas Eve fighting to the death over the very last Wii in the state.
Haha, perfect way to describe it. I know that trying to snag something would just piss me off, so I'm going to wait until after the giveaway and buy anything from my wishlist that's gotten cheaper. I'm not wasting my time on this.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Cranberry wrote:
stinkbomb wrote:There is no fun, there is no feeling of festivity. I feel like I am at the mall on Christmas Eve fighting to the death over the very last Wii in the state.
Haha, perfect way to describe it. I know that trying to snag something would just piss me off, so I'm going to wait until after the giveaway and buy anything from my wishlist that's gotten cheaper. I'm not wasting my time on this.

*points up* Yeah, that.

The old system was fun, because you knew that if you finally found something, after minutes or hours of sifting, you'd almost certainly get it when you clicked. Unless, yanno, you got distracted while clicking, and then looked back minutes later to see an Eternal sitting there on the page you'd ignored.

Not that anything like that ever happened to me, of course. >.>

But now, if you do see something you have to dive after it immediately, praying all the while that you don't misclick, mistype, and that your ISP doesn't pick this moment in time to lag in any way. Because if any of those things happen, you're screwed, and you'll not be getting any item this restock.

Hell, in my experience, even if I do go as quick as I can by the time I get to the haggle screen it's gone anyway. And my computer is a high-end, new machine, and I'm sitting on a cable modem, with the fastest connection Cox sells.

So I can only imagine how it's going for those who don't have access to fast connections.

Ho ho ho, here's your holiday spirit, Subeta. Claw and fight for everything you're given, and by the way, did we mention it's definitely geared to the survival of only the very fittest?

I'd imagine that the people who need things given away the very least - ie, those who are already the 1337 restockers, with fast connections and even faster reflexes - are the ones getting the most out of this. The ones who need it the most, just like everything else in today's world, are the ones, most likely, getting the very least.

>.<
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

There is a small user-made giveaway in the donation corner, and there are 1 sP auctions in the auction place.

Perhaps these will be more your cup of tea?
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I'm on my clunker laptop because my desktop is in the shop. It's a noticably slower connection, but now that I'm seeing that a lot of people are getting nothing, I'll stop getting angry at the wireless now.
Time zones were the reason the DC stopped? I was under the impression that free stuff was clogged in there 24/7 for like 2-3 days. So even if the site was down the first time you checked, you could still grab a few things the next day. I could be wrong, my time on Subeta has been less than sporadic since this time last year. Subeta in general is unstable. Where we're actually used to downtime being the norm. Though despite that, I didn't expect getting free items to be any "harder" than last year, even if it was a different style giveaway. *shrug*

Does anyone have a "list" of the more common items being given away? Is anyone keeping score of what's in there, because I'd like to know after it's over. I'm sorry everyone is having a hard time.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Dollfie
Human Avatar: 227963

Post by Dollfie »

Thanks for the heads up about the user run DC giveaway. I'm really easily pleased with any item that has pretty colors or something I was previously unaware of so I can already feel the stress racing away from me. I shall be contributing as well.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ohh, I really like the idea of a user run giveaway. I think I'll have to get some pretty items to donate there. Nice that people are doing that.

I actually saw an item in the free shop just now! It was some earmuff or something. Of course, it was gone when I clicked.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

Well I feel like the luckiest girl in the world after reading this thread. I signed on about 2 hours ago, proceeded to collect my advent items and then figured I would drop by the Free Shop just to see if I could snag anything. I got one of the white fox enchanted stone thingy-s almost right away and then managed to pick up a Fraustus Snowglobe a little bit later. Now neither of these items are worth millions by any means, but at least i got Something when it seems like so many people can't get even a single item. Now mind you, there were only about 375 people online both times a managed to grab something and the shop was/is still emptying withing seconds of restocking.

I add my approval to the whole,"there has to be a better way" sentiment so many have expressed and I think Seerow's idea is a really good one.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I've been busy pretty much all day. I only had a few chances to check subeta and check out the free shop. A few times I have seen stuff in there but I am never fast enough to get anything. I've never been a restocker so I'm no good at this. I'm not really going to try at this. I really don't want to get all frustrated with it. I liked the way the DC giveaway worked but probably because I was able to get stuff from it. Since the free shop started, I've gotten one item. So I can't help but be sour towards it. **shrugs** I do like and appreciate that Subeta is doing this. And it's a bum that it's not being as enjoyed as they wish. It's cool to see users getting into the spirit and doing stuff in the DC and auctions. Good on them. ^_^
Last edited by Alicorn on 25 Dec 2008 06:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Now mind you, there were only about 375 people online both times a managed to grab something and the shop was/is still emptying withing seconds of restocking.
Counters are borked, I'm pretty sure we had more than 450 people online all day, and this is as high as the counter went when I was online, so yay for you!
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

Usul_Princess wrote:Does anyone have a "list" of the more common items being given away? Is anyone keeping score of what's in there, because I'd like to know after it's over. I'm sorry everyone is having a hard time.
Well earlier in the day they had a variety of items from toys to elixirs to 'Tique items and random crap. Some major things that I've seen in there were two BR Montre Elixirs, a Billboard, a couple of older Melody items (Melody earmuffs and scarf), just spotted an InClover Elegrace Wig and I saw someone mentioning that they got a 500 CS card in the shoutbox. Now though, since I guess it's after midnight and officially Christmas, they're putting up a lot (as in every single restock) of this year's Melody items. A few are different now, but not a lot.

And that's cool of the users who did the giveaway in the DC. Good on them for taking the liberty of doing it! ^^

Following Lavender, I'm putting some of my extra items in trades so if you guys want something, just mention you're from here. ^^
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I just now went through the news post comments and just ... wow. I'm stunned speechless. I just can't believe some of the staff members are still allowed to behave that way.

And of course, now that I've come to try my luck on Subeta this morning (I've been snagging rares from the DragonCave all night XD), it's down. Ho hum.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage