Password/Birthday problems.

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Webby

Password/Birthday problems.

Post by Webby »

I was wondering if anyone knew a Neopets Staff Member who is able/willing to help you login to an account that you don't know the birthday for? I've got two side accounts that I haven't logged into in ages but I want to get into now, but I cannot for the life of me figure out the birthdays (I know the passwords).
Usul_Princess

Re: Password/Birthday problems.

Post by Usul_Princess »

Nope. I've tried that before. :( And I've had premium linked to that aforementioned account. Regardless, even if you know what the password is, your birthday is "classified" information. The idea is half baked anyway you slice it; On the one hand, anyone can know your RL birthday, but not get in because they don't know your email/password. But normally people type in BS birthdays because if you were over 13, it didn't matter what your birthday was years ago until they 'upped' password security. Now there are millions of dead email-addresses and inactive accounts because of the birthday thing. Now you can't even get in if you know your PW with or without the email address it's linked to.

One day, like 18 months after they did that, I randomly remembered what my PW was to an aged account while driving to a friends house. -_-.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Webby

Post by Webby »

Eeeek, that sucks D: I've got one of my favourite pets on that side account, too. Thanks for explaining that, anyway.

Edit: I just thought of a sneaky plan that will take ages but might just work. I've got the side accounts as neofriends, so I'll keep checking back every day to see when the age changes to 21, and then i'll know when the birthday is.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Maybe you'll get lucky and your "birthday" will be tomorrow! ;)
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Madge

Post by Madge »

You could also be sneaky and guess the 3 days furthest from today that are opssible as being your birthday every day until yuo either get it right or your day cahnges. It'll make things quicker :)
Webby

Post by Webby »

Haha x)
Hmm, that's pretty clever. Does require effort though, and I'm lazy. Ah well, i'll give it a go.