(Old) New Token Shop Items

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
stinkbomb

Re: New Token Shop Items

Post by stinkbomb »

Ayasha wrote: At least I don't really like this wig... Btw, out of curiosity what is it referenced from?
From what I understand it is in direct reference to a snark-fest that sparked up over the torrey revamp. This topic, relevant parts are waaaaay into it, page 4 or 5.

*shrugs* the wig is ok, I snagged one earlier in the day, but upon reading why it came about I won't be wearing it. Sold it shortly after finishing reading the forum post. Just don't like the hypocrisy of it all. But.. it wouldn't be Subeta if there wasn't sooooome kind of drama unfolding somewhere. :)
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

Shuuush! Bone! Don't jinx it! >.< I want the Cinnamon Ringlet too T.T

The last new wig was just bought (and I clicked on it too to amuse myself XD) and sold out. There's 130 of the Soot-n-Quicksand Locks left though ^^
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

D: I feel so so stupid. I got my tokens out, purchased the wig, and then saw the previews on the forums. Oooh, it's lovely, I thought, I could see myself wearing that sometimes. Of course, then I go to stick in my wardrobe, after about half an hour, and what do I find in there? 150 tokens. Apparently I forgot about purchasing the wig. xD Damn.
Subeta: Thomas
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Haha, Tom! That's so sad. And totally something I would do.

It looks like quite a few people here snagged the wig and don't particularly want it, so perhaps you can still get one of those? I'd offer mine, but I didn't buy one of the new wigs, because it seemed like not many people were that interested in it. So...I'm being completely unhelpful but sympathetic.

I finally gave up and bought a Cinnamon Ringlet. The prices have dropped a bit with the restock that I missed, so it wasn't too bad. And now I won't have to kick myself if it pops up in the token shop before my time expires and I can buy again.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

stinkbomb wrote:
Ayasha wrote: At least I don't really like this wig... Btw, out of curiosity what is it referenced from?
From what I understand it is in direct reference to a snark-fest that sparked up over the torrey revamp. This topic, relevant parts are waaaaay into it, page 4 or 5.
To be exact, its from a quote made by Mythica made on that thread:
If anyone needs me, I'll be in my dogtrailer, sharpening my claws of hypocrisy and working on my rad primadonna hairstyle of sugartcoatingness.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Heh, hopefully I'll be able to pick one up. It was even more annoying that Jessi even reminded me on MSN as soon as I signed on. XD I feel rather air-headed. Of course, if anyone did pick one up and isn't interested, I'd love to take it off your hands for some tokens. :)
Subeta: Thomas
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm

Post by bonecrivain »

I get so tired of the drama that keeps cropping up on Subeta. I'd like to keep as much of it away from this forum as possible. Honestly, if we didn't love the art on Subeta and enjoy playing, we wouldn't spend so much time there. (Or here, talking about it.) I read through a few pages of that thread, and it gave me a bit of a headache and made me feel slightly depressed. (Although that could be the fact that I'm drinking too much coffee too late in the afternoon, and that always puts me in a sort of weird mood.)

The new wig is too messy for me, I think. I like the color, and the bits around the face, but the edges seem oddly frizzy. Like my hair when it's damp outside and I don't get a chance to brush it for a while. Although of course now that I decided to buy the soot wig instead, I'm not sure which one I like better. Isn't that always the way? Maybe I'll still get a chance to grab the new wig tomorrow or something.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

There were a few on the bone wigs left, so I picked one up for the achievement. Since I don't like it, I'll gladly trade it to someone for the tokens. :D

And I was eating dinner when the soot wigs restocked. D: Wry? That one's been on my WL since it came out.

Edit: Spoken for.
Last edited by TCStarwind on 22 Jan 2009 03:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I missed the restock so would still like to buy one off of someone if they all haven't been spoken for already (new wig).

Edit: Thanks Alicorn =)
Last edited by mellaka on 22 Jan 2009 02:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Jessi messaged me to say that she got me a wig, so I feel a hell of a lot better. Thanks, guys, for thinking of me! I had such a bad morning--overworked and getting sick.... I appreciate the help, a lot. Hee.
Image Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Your welcome Mellaka. ^_^ As you see, mine has been spoken for. I'm also glad you got one Ty, I hope you feel better real soon. I hope the others who want one get one as well.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
covet

Post by covet »

I haven''t managed to get an item since the morosql, and I've wanted all of them, sigh.

Stocking half of the number of people online confuses me. I'm sure people sign on and off all the time, and the actual number of people -around- is probably at least a third as many again as show up on the sidebar. I really miss the days of stocking 1000 or so so they'd be in the shop for more than 2 minutes. The site had less people on then in general, and they stocked far more.

Policy rethink, please?
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Besides the above, once they stock something, everyone's going to spread the word on forums, tell their friends, ect, so as soon as they stock the amount of people on the site is going to massively increase. It's really a stupid policy, I haven't caught a restock since the new years light.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm

Post by bonecrivain »

Token shop restock!

I clicked on a whim, so I don't know when it restocked, but I saw the Prima Donna wig, Soot wig, Questionable Muffin, Dark Shadey-Shades, Wing-Kix, and Worn Jeans.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Eee, thank you, Bon! I've had those jeans on my wishlist forever.

I had a moment or two of anguish though, as the Wing-Kix have been on just as long, but in the end I went with the jeans. If anyone doesn't want something from the restock and grabs the shoes, I'd happily pay for them in tokens.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.