Pokemon D/P/Pt discussion

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Pokemon D/P/Pt discussion

Post by AngharadTy »

Freakin' geodude. This is, like, the least happy achievement I could have. Female. Ew. Female dude. And neutral nature. Blech. BLARGH. I hate this thing! I guess I could try to trade for, like, a shiny that I don't hate, but... no one wants geodude. It's so common that it's probably one of the most common shinies, too. Grr.

When I got that shiny machoke, I traded it ASAP and got a crappy cloned grimer for it. I like grimer just fine, not going to use it, though. I just took the first thing anyone offered because I hate machoke so much. It seems like... a deliberate move on the part of the universe. You want shinies? Bam, machoke and geodude. Go!
Image Image
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

The only shiny I've caught was a..tentacool, in Sapphire. They annoy me a lot when surfing, but not the worst shiny I could have gotten I guess. :/ *wants to find a cool shiny*
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Other than the red gyarados, the first shiny I found was houndour. And that was... Monday? I think... Yeah, just this week, I saw (and caught) my first ever shiny pokemon. Only took several years. :< But at least it was houndour. I love houndour.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

My first shiny was a Psyduck that I nicknamed Dookers. He does some pretty stupid things in Ranch.

TC, I love shiny Houndour! Houndoom is one of my fave pokemon.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Heh, my first shiny was a goldeen, back on gold. So was my second. :P Though my shiny whismur is pretty crappy too.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I shiny psyduck would have been cool. I caught a normal one and leveled it up to beat the first gym. At first, I named him Durf, but then I remembered that I was going to keep leveling him and get a golduck, which is a supercool pokemon, so I renamed him Merrind. Where ever that came from... XD And I'd be training my houndour now, if I didn't have my fire monkey, and am already training a pikachu and rotom to beat Crasher Wake, which is another gym my fire monkey will epicly fail at.

Speaking of rotom, my platinum came with a handout that said we can change him into different forms? How does that work?
Susan

Post by Susan »

At least you all have caught shinies. :o The only shiny I've ever seen was Azelf, which I wasn't able to catch.

I think for Rotom the event for the key that lets it change form has only happened in Japan as of right now.
meerca1234212 @ neopets Visions @ Subeta
Kari

Post by Kari »

I've never, ever caught a shiny. My friend went crazy a summer or so ago when he was resetting for a Shiny Eevee from Bebe. He did it every day for hours on end and never got one.
derp
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

The only shinies I've ever caught were a Golbat (in like, Gold), a Lairon (which I accidentally deleted when I restarted my Sapphire game aarrgghhhh), a Spinda (in Ruby, I think?) and a Duskull in Emerald.

Golbat is a stupid shiny, as is Spinda. Lairon would have been awesome if I hadn't deleted him... and I occasionally consider raising my shiny Duskull, which would be cooler if I didn't hate Dusknoir.

I guess I've found several shinies, looking at them all written out like that? But no cool ones :<
<3
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Don't hate Dusknoir! He's an awesome character in the second Mystery Dungeon. ^_^ I like the MD games a stupid amount. They have neat plots. And I LIKE BEING MUDKIP.
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I like Dusknoir as well. Dusclops? Not as much. :)
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Throw me in as another who likes Dusknoir, but I'm also of the belief that evolving pokemon is over-rated. I figure if you don't want to train an evolution, you don't have to and you can just have fun training the pokemon you like. No stinky gliscors for me.

As for other shinys, the most awesome shiny ever is my shiny flygon on ruby. I'm pretty sure I also had a shiny pidgeotto on crystal, but the save was corrupted so I can't check if there were any others. On diamond chaining has gotten me a chatot, a ponyta, a shinx and an electrike. So with the two goldeens and the whismur, that makes 9? Fancy :D
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Oof. I should re-learn how to chain. My record is only, like, 5... heh.

Breeding from a shiny supposedly increased the rate, but even if that was true, it's not anymore, is it?
Image Image
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Breeding shinies has never increased the rate. :)
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Figured. Damn, though. I do have a shiny Absol that I traded for, even if it's cloned and lots of people have her and she's level 100 so I can't fix her horrid training. *snaps* Would have been nice to put her under the breeding ray. ;)

In trying to figure out what would be my "pokemon catching pokemon" for Platinum (not a team member, but something that knows false swipe and a status effect move), I wanted to avoid getting another Gallade, because that's my catcher in Diamond (oh--and hypnosis has a lower accuracy in Platinum). And I have plenty of cloned Mews, and they're cute, and they can learn thunder wave! But getting thunder wave is apparently as painful as pulling teeth. I don't mind the Battle Tower, exactly, but 3 pokemon per battle, 7 battles per trip, 3 points per trip, earning my way to 32 points, not getting money or experience... man, that's so slow. So slowwwwww. I don't know how I managed to get the three power items I have (although they reduced my sweeper EV training to about an hour), because it's slow, a little stressful, and really freaking annoying when you randomly lose on the 6th battle. It would save me a lot of time and stress to just raise another Gallade. Which would have been nice if I'd realized that before I EV trained my Mew. Ah well. Perfectly trained Mew looks nice in my box.
Image Image