Pokemon D/P/Pt discussion

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Re: Pokemon D/P/Pt discussion

Post by Mayhem »

Re-train it, as in EV training? Sure you can! You can still re-train lv. 100 pokemon. :)

Feeding it the following berries cleans it's EVs out. One berry = -10 EVs in the assigned stat.
Pomeg Berry - Removes HP EVs.
Kelpsy Berry - Removes Attack EVs.
Qualot Berry - Removes Defense EVs.
Tomato Berry - Removes Speed EVs.
Hondew Berry - Removes Special Attack EVs.
Grepa Berry - Removes Special Defense EVs.
Whenever the EVs are fully removed in a stat, you'll get a message that "stat won't go any lower." If the pokemon refuses to eat a berry because it's happiness is filled (the berries also make them happy), just feed them some bitter herbs of some sort to bring that back down.

Go through and re-train it for EVs, keeping track of the EVs as usual. When you put the pokemon in the PC and then take it out again, it's stats will automatically be adjusted for the new EVs.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I'd love a shiny dusknoir, myself. :x

There's going to be an event in Canada! Finally! It's for the Rotom key.

http://www.toysrus.ca/shop/index.jsp?ca ... cale=en_CA

..I thought they'd just send the key over the internet or something? But there's a toys-r-us that's easy access for me at least (as long as they're handing it out too).
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Mayhem, I was told (by someone on LJ) that they "fixed" that PC thing, that it was an unintentional glitch, and that I couldn't fix my level 100 thing as in previous generations (I guess Emerald--I never tried it, I just knew it could be done). Maybe I'll try it now. I guess there are other things that bug me--its name is ABSOL (I always like my team members to have real names, Title Case), its nature isn't awesome, and its previous owner is Bitch. That is my favorite swear word, but it still feels weird on a pokemon. ;)
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Ty, I'm pretty sure I can just go and send you my Pearl Thunder Wave TM. At least, I'm pretty sure I still have it on Pearl.

And, at third round, of Battle Tower? You meet Palmer, the Tycoon, and you get more points. More than 3. Ditto with other facilities. Platinum is good for that
Breeding shinies has never increased the rate. :)
It did in Gold/Silver/Crystal, I think. I haven't bred in ages there, though
Kari

Post by Kari »

Iggy wrote:
Breeding shinies has never increased the rate. :)
It did in Gold/Silver/Crystal, I think. I haven't bred in ages there, though
It's true, but only because in GSC, shininess was determined by IVs. Pokemon with a certain distribution of IVs were Shiny. In breeding, there's a chance that those shiny IVs will be passed down by the parents, therefore creating the illusion that breeding a shiny gave you more chance for a shiny baby.
derp
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

Actually, Ty, you're right. I forgot that you can only get EVs by gaining experience. You can still get EVs (and adjust your stats by putting the pokemon in the PC) by using vitamins, though.
Varicolored on Subeta
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Oh, right, I've even fought him a couple times and forgot. It's still so slow! Hehe. I should check Ruby and see if I have one on there. If it existed as a TM in that generation--I'm really bad about keeping track of that kind of thing. I don't want to do another Gallade on Platinum... if you have, y'know, extra, and I'm not stealing from you, I'd go for a trade. =) I have... stuff... to offer... I dunno, my pachirisu catches a lot of items for me, and I have master balls if you'd want one of those in return. =}
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I can set up a trade over the weekend, sure.

And, I have Battle Points I'm not using. I don't mind going farther on Battle Roulette, I enjoy it :)

EDIT: I needed something at the time of posting, but it was undergroun stones. Two leaf, for Exeggcute and Weepinbell. And a water one for Lombre. But, I decided to stop being lazy and get these stones myself, last night, while watching a Eva Longoria movie.

First dig. Heart Scale + Leaf Stone.
Second dig. Leaf Stone
Third dig. Water Stone.

Well, gee...

Again, my first dig EVER EVER ended into me getting a Old Amber.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

On the topic of shiny breeding, Platinum's actually got two (apparently) ways of getting them pretty easily. First involves AR (though only to get hold of the secret ID) and the second simply involves using international (i.e. different language) parents, which is said to knock the chances to about 1/2000. The former is completely confirmed...the latter seems be being ignored right now although the formula is knocking around. (Thread on Smogon for those curious).

I've got 51 different shinies total (including multiples of some due to chaining). :) Four traded, and the rest were random, SR'd or chained (plus three uncatchable Poochyena in Ruby). I got into 'shiny hunting' last year and ended up being predictable and trying to get all the birds caught. Hence my excitement at the Platinum thing; if it helps me get Taillow then I'm all for it.
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

How does the SID affect shiny probability?
Varicolored on Subeta
Alecko

Post by Alecko »

Don't have a clue; it's just needed for the program that'll tell you what you need to do to hatch your shiny.
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

Well, what's the program? o_O
Varicolored on Subeta
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Action Replay, I imagine. Cheating through an external "device" of some kind. I use it for games where I'm interested in the plot and not the gameplay (e.g., infinite ammo code on Resident Evil 2), but I don't have a DS-AR.
Image Image
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

No, I'm just trying to figure out what the SID has anything to do with shiny probability, lol.

I know how the Action Replays work and if you're trying to activate the Wild/Hatch Shiny code, you have to press start+A and view your trainer card to activate it. Other than that, the only other program that I know of is Pokesav, which also has nothing to do with your SID.
Varicolored on Subeta
Alecko

Post by Alecko »

The actual program is called RNGReporter; it and the instructions are in the first post of the Smogon topic (should have made that clearer before).

(I actually don't have- or care for- AR. The international parents bit is what I'm interested in. Even if the shinies are technically legit for this, it still feels like cheating to me).