Darigan and Chocolate Chombies

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Iggy

Re: Darigan and Chocolate Chombies

Post by Iggy »

Darigan is meh. Waywaywayway too much going on on the head. Horns and spikes and more horns and more spikes. Shame The body is good.

But, did it really need that many horns and spikes on the head? Could have done without the horns.

Chocolate is probably the best chocolate ever, and I want to omnom it.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Does the Darigan Chomby's head remind anyone else of Maleficent?
Image Image
Not that this is a bad thing...

The Chocolate looks very cool. I also like the designs and I don't mind the whipped cream at all. I hope they release them... They finally released the Unis but the Mycni are still in announced-but-not-at-Rainbow-Pool limbo...
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I actually really love BOTH of these, and I usually loathe chombies! The Darigan is very, very cool, I love how it has just the right amount of details, and the horns are amazing! I am tempted to zap for one... but chombies, agh. Must think about this xD

I love all the little intricate details on Chocolate, too! And the cherry on top xD absolutely perfect!
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Darigan is about as good as a Chomby is ever going to look to me - the eyes are great, in fact the head's got it all going on. The wing might've looked better if it had been a little bigger, mind.

Chocolate is competent too, the only thing that bugs me is the perspective on the white chocolate design on the Chomby's side - just doesn't look quite right. Not too sure about the effectiveness of the cream on its head either, for that matter.

Overall, though, Chomby owners have done pretty darn well today I'd say!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

WOW. Impressive. I really don't have anything else to say. I like them both! ^_^
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Captain_Awesome

Post by Captain_Awesome »

I really want to hate the chomby, but it just has this charm. I love it.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Yay, I thought a Darigan Chomby would be petrol blue as opposed to purple or red. It looks wonderful, as does the Chocolate - I love the swirly decorations. I really want a chocolate Chomby (as in, one made out of chocolate) for Easter now instead of an Easter Egg!
Louboutins

Post by Louboutins »

Lol, I also love the Sherlock Holmes Chomby clothes look xD
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I really like both of these colors. If I were willing to spend the np, I'd totally zap for one of the chocolates; the gorgeous cream tracery on its sides and its head just blows me away. And double yays for the clever waffle spikes. <3

I adore darigan too, and agree with Ty that it almost has some of that pre-customization zing. The horns are wonderful and perfect, just as they are. I also agree that it'd be nice if the wings were a tad bit larger, but overall, it'll do.

Awesome Chomby Day overall. Well done, Neo.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Rykune

Post by Rykune »

-cower-

I'm disappointed in both. The cream on top of the chocolate head ruins something for me. Gives it more height when I imagine it. Like a 6' 2" person wearing 5" heels.

The wings don't look as though they'd be functional. The face works well, horns look silly. I know Acara's and Draik's have those type of horns too. (I'm not fond of those either)

For mine, Custard is the only Chomby I'm drawn to. I'm sure the rest have their own fan base, just that I'm not a part of it.
Neopets and sometimes Subeta too
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

WOW. I wasn't a Chomby fan before, but I am now! I just love Darigan's expression, with its eyes and jagged mouth. I like all of the details, especially the chest plating and the claws. I agree that they really lucked out! If this had been a pre-customization pet, I'd love it just as much.

Chocolate is equally impressive. I don't usually think 'gorgeous' or 'clever' when I think of this colour, but... yeah.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I really like both of these too, weird. I partially agree with Iggy about the horns on the Darigan. It's not that there are too many, but the two on it's right blend into one. I think there's a middle spike, and then a long horn that aren't separated enough. The highlights on the melted chocolate are quite nice and so are the white chocolate designs, but I don't care for the whipped cream at all. I wonder, can it be removed?
Sparrow
Human Avatar: 158026

Post by Sparrow »

I do have to say that I am very impressed with Chocolate, particularly the pattern of icing on its side. So pretty! Darigan is suitably scary-cute as well. This seems to be an unusual amount of attention to detail since customization, but it's good to see some effort in these pets at last. I may actually try to zap for the Chocolate one.
Nia

Post by Nia »

Nogitsune wrote:Does the Darigan Chomby's head remind anyone else of Maleficent?
Haha that's awesome. :D

These are SHOCKINGLY good. I LOVE the Darigan one. So evil and awesome and chubby all at the same time. :D
ICPfandom

Post by ICPfandom »

I love the Darigain. Being a Darigan Fan I just cant help but hope to zap my chomby dari. Chocolate is ok, No a huge fan, I wish it had more pronounced body art.(Maybe a little something for the chest and feet??)