Torrey revamp poll

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: Torrey revamp poll

Post by Cranberry »

Yeah, the wing and tail touching are the only thing that bother me. There's room in the box for the tail to be moved slightly to the left, which I think would look better. That's not a big deal, though. I think this torrey is really cute; I love the eye color, the ear fur and the cute little paw pads on its hand! I'm voting for it for sure. :)
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I like it! My only complaint is that the muzzle seems to be squished a bit downward to me, somehow.
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

I like this one quite a lot. The tweaked pose and slight head shrinkage make all the difference in the world.

My only problem with it is that the top of the head (ears and bangs) seems rather 'soft' looking compared to the old revamp but that's a stylistic nitpick. If I had never seen the second version I most likely wouldn't have noticed at all.

Overall, it's a vast improvement from the other two. Very nice work.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I like it. :D Something seems odd about the face and there is a little too much fur coming out of the ears, but I can' live with that. This new thing is cute. Let's go adopt it, keep it, and forget the other two existed.

The teal eyes are rather fetching, I must say. :D It looks so soft and fluffy overall, and I do want one. I totally want to own one of these darling little creatures.
Zekumi

Post by Zekumi »

I just saw it afew seconds or so ago, and let me just say my immediate reaction was 'YES! O__O'.

I absolutely love it.
Dun change.

EDIT: Oh, and in addition: I now wish to hug whoever drew this.
Dollfie
Human Avatar: 227963

Post by Dollfie »

This revamp annoys me because of how much I like it. I never entertained the idea of owning this species before and was currently working on art for a new pet (another celinox) but this changes everything. I didn't think the revamp could be turned around like this, especially after the first proposed revamp; I was totally turned off the pet. The tail looks so soft and fluffy and the expression is adorable. The way this was drawn helps me to see possibilities for my pets and now I have to go draw new stuff. So yay and ugh.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I've always hated this pet, and I still mostly do. I'm annoyed however, that the two or three little things I did like about the old one are all gone now. Namely, the lovely cream underbelly, the bright green eyes (although this newest turquoise is better than the original proposed blue), and most of all, I loved the wings, with the pretty tracing of brown on the ends.

I really dislike the new wings -- err, assuming those are supposed to be wings still? It's quite hard to tell, especially the one on its left. That could well be a shower puff, for all I can see. Or possibly a crystal formation. Hard to say.

And I don't care for the new wing color at all. I especially don't understand the reason for such a random change. They are far darker than anything else on the pet, and really stand out - and not in a good way.

And you just know there's someone out there, who got their Torrey just for those wings. I don't understand the reason for kicking those folks in the teeth.

I do like that it's no longer anorexic looking, and I'm glad the fringe on its head is not ginormous anymore.

I love the fluffy ear fringe - but I do wish it was the pretty tan from the markings on the original pet. I love its pads on its front feet, but they make me wonder if it has toes on its back feet. And if it does, why can't we see them and stuffs.

Oh well, I do love the pads. *tickles them*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

This revamp annoys me because of how much I like it.
THAT'S GOOD ANNOYANCE!

I <3 it as well. I like the teal eyes sososo much. And, can't wait for the recolours! =D It has tons of potential and I <3 it.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I agree with everyone, but especially Kamil. I think this torrey looks great, absolutely fantastic, so much better than I thought a torrey could ever look. It's amazing how so many elements of the first attempt were kept but now look good!

But the wings still bug me. I hate the dark color.
Image Image
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

AngharadTy wrote:But the wings still bug me. I hate the dark color.
I'm glad it's not just me. That said, I think this new revamp is pretty cute.
I wouldn't mind if mine became one of those.
Not all who wander are lost.
Skidd

Post by Skidd »

And you just know there's someone out there, who got their Torrey just for those wings. I don't understand the reason for kicking those folks in the teeth.
I got my Galactic Torrey in part for the pretty, crystaline wings. XD I like the maroon feathery wings a lot better than the old wings. I never did think the wings worked too well when they were lighter than the main body color. It doesn't make much sense to me. The new color also provides a place for the artist to bring the "extra" colors in the palette in - Teal in the cream, Magenta in the arid... where you would only have the eyes or something before.

The only thing that turns me off of this revamp is the extraordinary amount of ear hair. Perhaps also the roundness of the tail. I have a Torrey currently - Bebop - and I'll probably have to wait and see if the Galactic gets revamped to see if I want to change him. If I do, because it doesn't suit his personality, I may just get a Torrey of another sort. :) Overall, it's loverly. The face feels SO much more natural, I can't begin to describe my glee.
.:werewolf:.

Post by .:werewolf:. »

Goldenchao's redline is awesome :shock: lets just stick with that??
ps: this message contains a virus that is now in your computer, it will explode in about 10 minutes. To save your computer, please dance around your room like a chicken. :)
C. Dagger

Post by C. Dagger »

The new revamp is darling. ♥

I love how the teal eyes look with the purple wing, and the little pawpads are BEYOND cute. The artist did a great job taking REALLY outdated art/style and making it into something modern and detailed.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Yay Torrey revamp complete :D

ImageImage
I really like the Field and Lilac versions, and am debating which to make my pet Laurel. It doesn't look like anything is tweaked from the polled version, which is a little sad since I think the tail should have been thinned down a bit and moved so it wasn't touching the wing.
Still, a lovely lovely revamp overall. Hopefully an amazing Glade version will come out soon, it seems like it would fit the Torrey perfectly :D
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

They looks great! I really like them, excellent revamp :) I think Field, Common, Marsh and Sun are my favourites, but they are all very nice. I look forward to seeing the revamps for some of the redraw colours.