Pokemon D/P Trading (And Battling?) Thread

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Slugawoo

Re: Pokemon D/P Trading (And Battling?) Thread

Post by Slugawoo »

I have a bunch of legendaries from the older regions. (Most of them are untouched, but the legendary dog's levels are bit weird since I had to purify them in the GC game. :'x) I've never cloned before, but it seems easy enough. I wont have access to my wifi until Friday night, so I'll try it out then. If it works, I'll have a ton I can send over. ^^

If no one else offers before then, send me a PM and I'll throw some your way. It'd have to be this weekend, though. I'm at college during the week and I don't have access to wifi here. ;_;
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Slugawoo, I'll have her PM you :D I think we have some of the older ones - I THINK we purified the three dogs ourselves and should have those, but she definitely needs quite a few to fix herself back up!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Is there some reason why Thunder Fang would be better on a Luxray than Spark is? Less accuracy, less chance for additional effect... but it's, um, a fang? It looks better? Something? Wtf, yo? I feel I'm missing something. It's a later move, and later = better, generally. But not in this case, as far as I can tell.
Image Image
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Huh, Ty, the only thing I can think of is that Thunderfang counts as a 'contact' move, so it works with a King's Rock and other hold items that only work with physical contact. Either way, that's a silly reason to get that move, especially because I'm obsessed with accuracy xD
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

There is also a 10% flinching change with Thunder Fang.

Since most of my electric types already have Thunder Wave anyway, I'd favorize Thunder Fang, for the flinching chance. :)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Sure, sure, but it's only 10% paralyze and 10% flinching... compared to 30% on Spark (unless something changed in Platinum). And my Luxray knows Thief for playing around, heeee. So no Thunder Wave on her.

But mainly, for me, it comes down to luck: I have very bad luck. 95% accuracy feels more like 70% accuracy in my hands. ;P
Image Image
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Ty, I completely agree with you xD For the most part, having moves with only 95% accuracy drives me nuts. The exception is Hydro Pump - I don't know why, but that move seems to hit a majority of the time for me and miss only very rarely xD Other than that, i twitch at moves that have 95% accuracy xD
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Just wanted to mention I have three Absol eggs up for grabs.

I was trying to get a baby Absol with Super Luck and finally got one, so the other eggs aren't necessary for me :)

PM me if you want a egg!
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Hey, I have what is probably a stupid question.

You know that cave where you can get Garchomp's pre-evolution? The one hidden under the cycling bridge thingy? You can basically step into it one step and then you're blocked by rocks that require Strength to be moved. If, hypothetically, you wanted to get the baby Garchomp (I forget the name) and you didn't have Str yet, could you keep walking into that one-pace slot and eventually encounter a wild poke? (You don't have space to run around, you can only walk in place if you can't move the stupid boulders.)

My question is probably not very clear, haha. Can you encounter wild pokes upon entry into a cave, or do you generally need to move beyond the entrance square?

I'm going to give up on trying to clarify and hope someone understands what I mean. (I want to catch it myself because my traded pokemans are growing too fast for me to control.)
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

In Platinum, you can - Diamond and Pearl have them only appear in the deeper parts of the cave (which you do need Strength to get to) but in Platinum Gibles will show up anywhere, including that one little blocked off area.

By the way, since I'm posting here anyway, and I haven't seen it mentioned yet, you can download the Secret Key in Platinum now, in North America, anyway. :D It's available till May 12, I think.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

You should probably be able to go left-right-left-right--just turning in place. Turning will get you wild battles. Just walking in to a cave probably won't... I'm not sure, though. But I use the turning method a lot in the safari zone and such. Doesn't count as a pace, but it does count for wild pokemon. ^_^
Image Image
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Thanks, both of you!

I'll give the tap/turn method a try. If I don't get a battle after like 50 turns I'll just give up, haha.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Oh, if you have anything with Sweet Scent, that might work too. It's a move you can use outside of battle to summon wild pokemon.
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

So I'm in the process of working on my pokedex, and find myself in need of two moonstones. Since they're really rare in the underground in diamond, does anyone have any they could trade over? I have tons of fire, thunder, and sun stones to trade :D
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Me me! Take mine! please! I have so many stones. Boy have I got stones! ;D
Image Image