Spotted and Jelly Lupe

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Re: Spotted and Jelly Lupe

Post by Officer 1BDI »

*jaw drop*

Spotted looks awesome. Like, "I'm feeling a twinge of regret for leaving the site" awesome. And Jelly actually looks like jelly for once. Way to go, random artist(s).
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Oh wow, both are fantastic. It's so great to see some actual creativity again.

I actually prefer the Jelly Lupe more though. It just looks cool imo.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I like the idea of the Spotted lupe being a "real" animal, but it just looks too crowded, all the different colours and patterns don't fit too well on the lupe. Though for the record I did recognise it as a wild dog after a moment of confusion.

The orange on the head with the black stripe is particularly unsettling, as well as the browny colour that's only visible in the head region.

In fact, apart from the head/neck, it's pretty good. (and yes, I am allowed to say the lupe should look different from the wild dog at least somewhat)

Requesting somebody photoshop the desert lupe headmask onto the spotted body. I suspect this would dissolve all the niggling doubts I have about this pet.

Sorry guys, I just had to post that I didn't think the spotted lupe was all that great as I seem to be the only one. Kudos for trying though! TRYING IS IMPORTANT.

Jelly is cool and squishy though :D.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Hurray, I guessed correctly! I love that some actual creativity was involved with the Spotted Lupe - if it had been the generic spotted pattern I might have cried. Jelly is a pretty colour, and whilst not quite as nice as the Jelly Tonu, I do like the transparency. Whilst Lupes are not my favourite pet, these colours are nice.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I love african wild dogs, so this spotted lupe is made of pure awesome. In fact, I'm trying to get a paintbrush to get one of the darn things. :D Except, they're still really expensive. :< If I can't get a brush before the price jumps, I'm not getting one at all.

Jelly is nice, too. I'm not really into jelly pets, but the color is nice and transparent parts are also good.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I took a break from a big pic to doodle a scruffy spotted lupe.
Spoiler: open/close
I haven't been spontaneously inspired by a new paintjob in the longest time! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Rah wrote:NEEEEEEEEEEEDDDD SPOTTED.

I absolutely love African Wild Dogs! I have a plushie of one :D I'm going to be zapping for spotted now xD
You and me both. I haven't quite gotten a plushie one, but I have considered shelling out quite a bit of cash on a shoulder-riding African Wild Dog puppet. I have no idea on the name of the pet yet that'll get the lucky zap, but someday I'll have one of these, oh yes. I'm already zapping Vinderous and hoping.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Louboutins

Post by Louboutins »

Wow. Spotted is AMAZING. I actually like Lupes, now.

Has made spotted paintbrushes go crazy though. People are offering plushies/maras on 'Spotted customs' o.O
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

SWEET. I'm almost sad I morphed my Lupe into a Lenny. Love the creativity of the pattern on spotted, and the range of blues on jelly.
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

I am in love with the Lupe. I really didn't expect anything special out of this colour on this particular pet, but wow! What a pleasant surprise! I am not in love with the price of the paintbrushes right now (and am sad I don't have one stashed away), but I shall have to get one in the future. This makes me want to play again. Lupes have always held a special place in my heart as the first pet I adored, so I'm happy to see them getting good colours. :)

While Jelly pets don't really do much for me, this one is also quite nice!
ICPfandom

Post by ICPfandom »

Spotted is Amazing! :o I love the detail. i was just browsing my friends page, and i saw spotted lupe, and was like. WOW! Thats awesome!

Jelly is Meh. I wish it was orange or Purple or green. Blue doesnt do it for me.