Looking for images or a person with good memory

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Looking for images or a person with good memory

Post by Nogitsune »

I recently thought it might be interesting to see if there could be any pattern to predicting who might be off the roster for future Altador Cups. It may be a bit early for this - or the teams could be chosen at random - but I've got time.

Anyway does anyone know if there are images of the Altador Cup Crest - the one that shows all 16 teams - from the first and second Cups? Alternatively does anyone remember the exact order the inner and outer teams were in?
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
daisybell

Re: Looking for images or a person with good memory

Post by daisybell »

Kiko Lake were the first team to not play, I think- in the second cup, when Shenkuu played for the first time. Last year it was Kreludor who didn't play in the third cup, and Kiko Lake did play.
Neopets wishlists: here
EofS

Post by EofS »

First cup:

Second cup:

So. ACII, Shenkuu arrive and replace absent Kreludor's spot.

ACIII Kreludor return, taking the departing Kiko Lake's spot.

ACIV Kiko Lake return, take their original spot back, forcing Kreludor into Brightvale's empty spot.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Thanks Daisybell! Thanks Eofs! I've now gotten the four shields:

ImageImageImageImage
-------------------Year 1----------------------------------------Year 2----------------------------------------Year 3----------------------------------------Year 4--------------------
EofS

Post by EofS »

Interesting that it does work out as the missing team moving on 5 places round each year. But if that's actually how they work it out (which I don't find likely) then next year it'll be Altador not turning up. Which... I think it's bad form when the hosts decide not to play ;0)
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Am I making this up, or for Euro 2008 did someone (official, not on Have Your Say) suggest that Austria ought to pull out and give their spot to England?
EofS

Post by EofS »

Jazzy wrote:Am I making this up, or for Euro 2008 did someone (official, not on Have Your Say) suggest that Austria ought to pull out and give their spot to England?
Yes. You're thinking not of someone, but of 20,000 someones. Austrian football fans, believe it or not.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Well, then - Altador fans, you have a whole year to mount your campaign to get your team out of the cup, even if TNT don't do it for you. I wish you every success.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

EofS wrote:Interesting that it does work out as the missing team moving on 5 places round each year. But if that's actually how they work it out (which I don't find likely) then next year it'll be Altador not turning up. Which... I think it's bad form when the hosts decide not to play ;0)
Well considering how they're usually second to last it makes some sense that they'd try to restructure. If they do sit out expect to see some team gain an Elephante and another to gain a Poogle.

If this pattern holds out then the following years team sit outs and roster changes may occur:

2010: Altador sits out. Minimum neopet team changes: Elephante and Poogle will be gained by some other team(s).
2011: Virtupets sits out. Minimum neopet team changes: Cybunny, Tuskaninny, and Xweetok will be gained by some other team(s).
2012: Krawk Island sits out. Minimum neopet team changes: Krawk and Quiggle will be gained by some other team(s).
2013: Terror Mountain sits out. Minimum neopet team changes: Chia and Shoyru will be gained by some other team(s).
2014: Faerieland sits out. Minimum neopet team changes: Uni will be gained by some other team(s).
2015: Meridell sits out. Minimum neopet team changes: Ixi and Jubjub will be gained by some other team(s).
2016: Roo Island sits out. Minimum neopet team changes: Blumaroo, Pteri, and Usul will be gained by some other team(s).
2017: Maraqua sits out. Minimum neopet team changes: Acara and Koi will be gained by some other team(s).
2018: Lost Desert sits out. Minimum neopet team changes: Draik and Kau will be gained by some other team(s).
2019: Darigan Citadel sits out. Minimum neopet team changes: Hissi and Jetsam will be gained by some other team(s).
2020: Tyrannia sits out. Minimum neopet team changes: Chomby and Tonu will be gained by some other team(s).
2021: Haunted Woods sits out. Minimum neopet team changes: Korbat and Yurble will be gained by some other team(s).
2022: Mystery Island sits out. Minimum neopet team changes: Flotsam, Kougra, and Lenny will be gained by some other team(s).

After this the pattern of team sit-outs should repeat:
2023: Shenkuu sits out. Minimum neopet team changes: Lutari will be gained by some other team(s).
2024: Kreludor sits out. Minimum neopet team changes: Ogrin and Ruki will be gained by some other team(s).
2025: Kiko lake sits out. Minimum neopet team changes: Peophin will be gained by some other team(s).
and so on.

Team rosters will change so that at least one of every type of neopet species plays. The changes in roster I mentioned above are species unique to each team. If more teams are able to participate then this would change. In theory at least Lutari Island could be added to make 18 teams. If six more worlds are added/discovered that would make 24 teams and allow the star pattern to continue but with no teams sitting out.