Gotta Glow! Glowing Blumaroo and Moehog

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Katy... :)

Gotta Glow! Glowing Blumaroo and Moehog

Post by Katy... :) »

Today has been randomly themed Glow.
They've released two new glowing pets, and I rather like the Blumaroo...

Image Image

Don't know if they are worth commenting on for anyone else, but thought they deserved a post. :)

**edit**
On a side note, the plushies are absolutely adorable, is it just me or have the plushies been getting cuter.
Image Image
I might have to start a plushie gallery... -starts a tally in my head of how expensive that'll be-
krbs86
I will always be a blue evil fuzzle.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Re: Gotta Glow! Glowing Blumaroo and Moehog

Post by TCStarwind »

Eh, they glow. I've never really had a thing for glowing pets. That said, at least they don't look horrible.
Bagerzz

Post by Bagerzz »

I'm not a big fan of either pets, but I kind of like the blumaroo. =D
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

The lineart on the Draik plushie seems really thick. The pets look decent, but Glowing has never been a notable color in my mind.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Honestly I'm glad to see a random glowing day. Its gets these colorfills out of the way so other (hopefully more interesting) colors can be dolled out on the pets respective celebration days.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I like the extra-bright tips on the Blumaroo-- they remind me of a lamp. That said, I do wish they'd be a little more innovative with Glowing. Does it always have to be green? A yellow-glowing Kacheek or a red-glowing Scorchio could be seriously pretty.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

The radioactive-dayglo green thing is quite pretty in its way, and I suppose that's just the theme TNT has decided upon. Having said that I wouldn't mind them following RD's suggestion and making some colour variations on the same theme. There's a whole world of lurid fluorescent colours out there.

The blumaroo's ear tips and nose are a pretty accurate rendition of the glow-in-the-dark material that is sometimes printed onto stickers and badges and the like. Both of these do look very much like the kind of stickers you'd get free in cereal packets in the 80's.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Eh. They're both boring, but I'd have to say the Blumaroo is slightly better.

The Acara plushie is really cute! The Draik plushie, as Officer said, has weird thick/dark lines.
Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:That said, I do wish they'd be a little more innovative with Glowing. Does it always have to be green? A yellow-glowing Kacheek or a red-glowing Scorchio could be seriously pretty.
I love that idea!
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}