Experiment 1536

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Experiment 1536

Post by Seerow »

I'm actually rather underwhelmed by this. I know Subeta could use some more bug pets, but this one isn't doing anything for me. It doesn't strike me as a Subeta pet, but rather a Valenth adoptable. Or perhaps a battledome opponent.
Regardless, the art is lovely and I'm sure there will be tons of people out there wanting it. The smoke in particular is very lovely.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Slugawoo

Re: Experiment 1536

Post by Slugawoo »

...OMG. It's a cicada.

It's a steampunk cicada. I must have this. 8|

I love it, but I think the only reason why is because of the concept. I'm not all that impressed with the art. ...The legs are positioned in a confusing way, and the wings in the back should be moved forward more and more visible. I do love how it's shaded, though.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I adore it. It's very cute and very textured and it's so fantastic to see an insect done well. The legs are a bit confusing, but... it's hard to cope with so many little fiddly bits and get them all arranged right. I don't mind at all. I love it all a lot.
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

As much as I love steampunk, I like silvery metallic thingamajigs more. It is still very, very nice, but I'm glad I don't want one. I don't have room.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

I'd like it better if the whole thing looked metal - the body doesn't look very metal-ish.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I have to copy the "OMG a cicada! A steampunk cicada!"

I'm actually rather tempted. :-)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

It looks metallic to me--maybe just because the rest is obviously metallic, so it's easy for me to imagine the body being rough, unpolished metal.

I can't imagine one with a personality and name and all--so I don't need another mystical plushie, I guess--but I love it so. I want someone here to get one so I can go stare at it frequently. =)
Image Image
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Oh gosh, I waaaaants it. It fits one of my pets a lot better than the Graveyard Endeavor he is now, but I paid so much for that pet that I really don't want to zap him ;_;

But still, yay, more bug pets!
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

Echoing others--it would be a great Valenth critter but it doesn't seem much like a pet. I really can't imagine one with a custom design and personality.

It does look quite pretty though--just out of place with the rest of the site.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I'm so much in love with this! I just love cicada! I have to agree, the are isn't very subeta and it's more like a valenth pet. But that doesn't really bother me. It's just, so cool! If only I had the room for it or even a character it would fit. **grumbles** Ah well, I'll admire from a far.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
firost-the-dragon

Post by firost-the-dragon »

ummmm....

not much to say. just glad that theres moar bugs in subeta now.
see this picture and more at http://www.darkpidgeot10.deviantart.com . this is by ME!!!
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

firost-the-dragon wrote:ummmm....

not much to say.
Which why usually after two weeks, and definitely after three months, you don't say it.