Mutant Pteri, Zombie and Camouflage Grundos

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Xelio

Mutant Pteri, Zombie and Camouflage Grundos

Post by Xelio »

ImageImage

Friend of mine saw 'em on SunnyNeo.

I like the discoloration under the mouth on the zombie, but I think the eyes could have been played up a little more.

I really don't know where the camo one is going to blend in, unless its someone's small intestine or a wad of used gum.

I had said on the prediction board I didn't think Neo was capable of more creativity since they used a bit of brain power to design the striped meecra. I thought I was kind of right.

And then I was corrected when I was also shown a link to this.

I can't say I'd personally ever want one, but wow that's a wonderful pose and I love the archeopteryx inspired wings.
Last edited by Xelio on 19 Aug 2009 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Michelle

Re: Mutant Pteri, Zombie and Camouflage Grundos

Post by Michelle »

The zombie and camo are cute. Kind of a dissapointement after the striped meerca though.

The mutant pteri..... :o :o :o
SO AMAZING!!! Everything about it, the tail tip, the eyes, the colors, the claws, perfect.
...formerly known as 'spiraled'
-click-
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Is it kind of sad that the first thing I thought of when I saw that Pteri was "OMG ITS A TAXXON" even though it doesn't really look much like a Taxxon :P Very neat though, good job TNT :D Mutants are the best thing to come out of 2.0 I do believe.

The Grundos are alright. Not a huge fan of them to start with and these didn't change my mind any.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
divisionstreet

Post by divisionstreet »

Not really into Grundos, but is that ribcage peeking out of the Zombie's shirt? If so, that's a nice touch but I don't know how they're supposed to blend in on Kreludor with those camo colors!

On the other hand, that Pteri is sharp, I like the colors. I wonder if that's from the same artist who did the mutant Kau?
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Hahaaa. The camo looks like intestines! Or beef, whichever disgusts you more. XD Zombie is standard zombie. They totally should have given it a huge gaping mouth, and crazier eyes.

The pteri is really cool. There's a lot that can be done with it, if you're making your own personal design. It's nice, but at the same time, it also doesn't really remind me of a pteri. More just a random prehistoric bird-thing, which is awesome on it's own.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Wow that brings back memories Seerow. I remember reading every single Animorphs book as they were released, I loved them.

I think I still have the whole series in a box at my Mom's house, I should re-read them sometime.
Image Image
Fury

Post by Fury »

Re: Mutant Pteri
HOLY CHRIST ON A BIKE

That is just the shitting coolest Neopet ever. Ever! I have never seen a pet and instantly knew I had to have one but THIS IS IT /clearly way too overexcited
Is what I said just moments ago over at the other topic. I love the Neo mutant artists, I really do.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I think its the same one that did the Mutant Eyrie...mostly because of the similiar looking beaks.

:O it reminds me of a ..cockatrice, mostly.
Image Image
ImageImage
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Goldenchaos wrote: :O it reminds me of a ..cockatrice, mostly.
I can see it. Those little bulbous flesh tendrils off either side of the beak do look like a mutated cock comb melting out of the traditional pteri eye markings. Honestly I'm glad those marking, though more substantial than simple markings, are there. They're about all that rings true to the old pteri. Without that, I'd say it had not a single pteri feature to it at all.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Zombie Grundo looks quite cool - though a little too happy for my liking. Camo is ugly, reminds me of raw ground beef (which grosses me out rather more than intestines, but then that's the vegetarian speaking :D).

However, I so want that Pteri, that is GORGEOUS. The colours are beautiful!
Mistress Morbid

champagnesoup wrote:Camo is ugly, reminds me of raw ground beef (which grosses me out rather more than intestines, but then that's the vegetarian speaking :D).
Ewwww now that's all I can see when I look at it. >< Haha...
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Holy freaking shit, I WANT THAT BIRD.

That's all I have to say until I come up with a more coherent thought.
pistons0794

Post by pistons0794 »

I actually like the Zombie Grundo a lot. There's a lot of subtle details that come together very nicely.

Camo Grundo = disgusting. Like everyone else said, the only thing it would blend in with is ground beef!

The mutant Pteri is amazing! It doesn't even look like a Pteri (which is good)! VERY nice job TNT!
lar

Post by lar »

*spazzes over the mutant pteri* Okay, so. Generally I've never liked pteris. I mean, they're okay, but kinda cushy for my tastes. BUT. BUT THIS. GOOD GOD, A MILLION TIMES THIS.

My first thought was RAPTOR! and I'm sticking by that. The bird of prey concept with dinosaur (as said, particularly archeopteryx) features mixed in. The only problem is that TNT keeps coming out with more mutants that I want, and I'm running out of room. D:

The grundos are.. grundos. Not a huge fan. The zombie is okay, the blood from its mouth is a nice touch. But the bit under its shirt struck me as bandages, not a ribcage, unless grundos have a seriously weird bone structure. Would've been nice if they changed the goofy smile to a more zombie-fied expression. And camo = ground beef. Yeah.
Oops, my karma ran over your dogma.
Mistress Morbid

Hmm, my first thought about the shirt on the Grundo was that those were just threads from the ripped fabric.
Image Image