Darkmatter Terracoon and Legeica

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Mistress Morbid

Re: Darkmatter Terracoon and Legeica

Post by Mistress Morbid »

TCStarwind wrote:Doesn't the legeica have a lion-like mane? So all its hair is over that, which is where I would hazard to say the the neck actually is. XD
Huh...

You know I never noticed that until just now. I always thought it was just the mane draping down from both sides, but now that I actually look at it I think you're right.
Image Image
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

While I could see that the legeica's pose might remind some of you of cats, it's actually quite an equine pose as well. Horses just like to roll sometimes. Not that a legeica is pure horse, mind you, but if it's closest to anything it's probably more equine than feline.
Zekumi

Post by Zekumi »

^
Yeah, I don't at all have a problem with the pose. I actually really *love* the intention, I'm just not entirely partial to how it was executed.

But I want to like it so bad. .__.
And I still kind of do, but then still kind of don't. The roundness of the belly without a hint of a chest (or anything other than a very short round belly, really) I think is what ultimately keeps me from loving it.
It's just too squashy.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

I think the reason the belly looks so rounded and chubby is that the neck line sort of continues on the same curvature, making your eyes see that curve all the way around:

Image Image
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

The Legeica is really pretty. Now that I've had a day to think about it, I like the concept and like it overall but some of the details that people have mentioned bother me too much to love it. The mane is so nice and I also like the tail and how the dark matter is mixed in with the end of the tail.

I've been waiting for DM and Graveyard Legeica since the species was introduced, but got impatient a couple weeks ago and painted mine Nightmare. This one doesn't make me regret that, at least. (Though I'd probably consider it if I hadn't already painted her, first waiting to see if a GY was released this year.)

I just hope they don't change the DM Kumos.
Last edited by mellaka on 25 Sep 2009 08:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Iggy wrote:Lesser known Legeica as in "Ninth most popular pet onsite", right? :P:P:P

I don't really like these. The Terracoon's expression isn't my favorite, and I don't like the pose the Legeica is in. The mane is gorgeous and all, but it's not my type of pet.
I meant colors-wise, haha. xD;; Like the Illumis, it lacks a fair amount of the redraw colors.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

The Illumis has no artist(Trust me, I'm sure they have made plots to kidnap Aqua and briging her back), while the Legeica artist has a lot of species under her belt, as well as other things. :P
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I really like the Legeica, and reading this, I'm amazed at how many people are having problems with the pose. As soon as I saw it I thought it looked like a rolling horse; its head's where it should be, same with the neck and the ickle hoofs, and omg, the gorgeous gorgeous hair and the stare-off with the matter by its nose - I really like it. =D

I've really been hit or miss with all of the latest colors/revamps. Some, I've really liked, since I lack the will to go through each thread, are the Anyu, the Hikei, the Ruffie, the Torrent (a whole great big bunch), and the two today. The rest really haven't done it for me, for one reason or another. I don't really like the positioning of the Kora's tails, the Terracoon's broken back leg and the Escalade's broken front leg, and the weird way the hair is laying on the ground by the Malticorn's front leg. All of these things bug me enough to really not care for those particular colors.

But I really like the Legeica. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.