Maraquan & Shadow Poogle

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Spivsy

Re: Maraquan & Shadow Poogle

Post by Spivsy »

the maraquan poogle looks like its had a metal pole rammed into its skull, which was then painted.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I never even noticed this monstrosity until the thread was bumped. I was thinking about how they decided to execute an underwater dog before clicking on the link. (Keep in mind maraquan gelerts were revamped 3 times before they were satisfied with the result. The current UC one was #2, and it was really adorable). So it can be done.

I'm also very confused at why they chose to merge a Hammerhead with a Poogle. 2 types of animals that have nothing to do with each other. The artists were very high that day...

pittyprettypup wrote:I apologize for being so crass, but the Maraquan Poogle looks like a bloody crap. Blood red and light brown are a terrible combination.
You're right! Now I can't un-see that. Nice imagery there.

Oh, and that's a beautiful shadow. One of my new favorite colorfills. It would go excellent with the new punk clothes.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
alt1981black

Post by alt1981black »

I like the Shadow Poogle, it's an interesting colour. Maraquan, not as much.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I'll give the maraquan poogle artist some props for *trying* to be creative...but...yeesh. I think this goes to show why pets of the mutant, baby and maraquan nature shouldn't be forced to be in the same angle as their clothing compatible counterparts. It just doesn't work anymore than the color palette used works.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets