Revamped Graveyard Clawsion and Mallarchy

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Revamped Graveyard Clawsion and Mallarchy

Post by TCStarwind »

ImageImage

Because I'm awake this morning...

Both revamps, both updated from the original with not too much changed (unless I'm mistaken?). The clawsion is rather cute. Not too much gore, which is fine with me. Can't see anything that bothers me too much aside from the upturned fangs, and I believe the original had those, so it's not too much of a bother.

The mallarchy is nice enough. I'm not a huge fan of mallarchies, but there's really nothing I dislike about it, so that's good. If memory serves, this is a great step up from the original, so yay for that. :)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Revamped Graveyard Clawsion and Mallarchy

Post by Seerow »

ImageImage
Old ones for your viewing pleasure. Both of them are really nice updates!

The Clawison looks a bit strange at first considering it's built more like a bulldog in the revamp then the lanky old one. But overall he's really well done and the shading/coloring is just really really pretty. He did lose his mischievous innocence/childlike expression though so that will probably make some people upset.

The Mallarchy is a great revamp also art wise :D The added scattered bits of feathers are a great touch and I love how the tail was done. Only thing is that he magically gained a wing bone XD Compare the number of bones to on this one (3) to the number on the actual Mallarchy wing (2). The old one had this too though, but it probably should have been fixed.
ImageImage
Two wings bones ---> Three wing bones
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Oh, I like this clawison =) The only thing that bothers me a bit are his front feet - it looks like he's standing on a slope. It's quite a change from the old one, so I'm nost sure how the people who owned one will react. Hm.. I may be tempted to get one possibly. Must sleep on it first.
As for Mallarchy - I think I prefer how cartoonish the old one looked, but overall the new one is nicely done.
Last edited by zebru on 19 Oct 2009 05:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I really like the Clawsion, it's a great art update, the wings are especially nice and its expression is adorable ^^
The Mallarchy is a good revamp, same pose but better artwork. Not a pet I'd ever own but I'm sure fans of the old one will be happy.
Fuzzy
Human Avatar: 7837

Post by Fuzzy »

I would like the clawsion more if I liked the revemp in general. It's very nicely drawn, and I like the new details that were added. However, I just don't like the new clawsion.

I'm glad the mallarchy was only updated in art, and not in pose. It is a very interesting concept. I think what is happening with the mallarchy's wings is how ducks look like they only have two noticeable wing bones, but actually have three.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Eh. The Clawsion's alright, not a pet I'd get.. but it's okay. The Mallarchy is still as lulzy as ever, though I agree.. it /did/ look better when it was more cartoony. But this is okay, too |D.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

I'm not sure I like the new Clawsion's face. Reminds me too much of a bulldog. Unless that's what the species is based off somewhat. But aside from that and the typical light shading, it's not too shabby of a revamp. Love the detail of the stitching around the neck. All in all, a scary Clawsion indeed. ^^

The Mallarcy I have nothing to write about. The details are pretty nice. I just don't care for the species as a whole.
C. Dagger

Post by C. Dagger »

As someone who owns a Graveyard Clawsion (and has loved them for a very, very long time) I am pleased with the revamp. There are certain things I don't like, such as aspects of the facial expression (while it is adorable and fitting, I kind of miss the rather sly expression on the old one) and the random bit of patchwork on the left leg (I kind of miss how... clean it was for a graveyard pet, leaning more toward style than detail like the old Malticorn was). HOWEVER I love the detail of the scar on is face (so wicked looking! :D) and the new color scheme, which actually matches my own Clawsion's overlay better. XD

I also am THANKING THE ARTIST DEEPLY for keeping the upturned fangs. They MADE the pet and are a huge part of why I was so drawn to the pet in the first place. While I miss how yellowed the old ones were, after realizing last night that my beloved Clawsion could get an update that didn't include the upturned fangs I am REALLY grateful to see them there. <33

ANYWAYS TL;DR I love it altogether and I may even update Ahari (my GY Clawsion)'s look to include that nasty scar. :D It's very fitting!

Oh and the Mallarchy looks good too, although like someone else pointed out I sort of miss the cartoony feel to it. The face looks about a thousand times better though. XD
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I think the clawsion is pretty good. I really loved the collar, though I understand why it had to go. The pet looks kind of fat now... probably because the legs are set wider. The expression, the scarring and stitches, and the wings are all very nice now.

The mallarchy is a joke pet, really, so it's hard to take a revamp seriously. Haha. Good job making it the same but better, I guess? ...it's a roast duck! I don't know what to say.
Image Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

The clawsion is a nice update. It does look bulldogish to me but I think it works real well with the pet. I really like how the scar on the face looks. Very cool. And I must admit I'll miss the collar too.
The mallarchy looks much better. I'm still not a fan of it (or malllarchy period) but it looks tons better. I almost want to eat it.
In all, two great updates. Great job artists! I can't see what else they come out with. I'm so excited about the halloween colours! **squirms**
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
firost-the-dragon

Post by firost-the-dragon »

gah.... why did they ruin the clawsion...

well *rant* i personally liked the old one and it was cute and not... burly looking and stuff and...

stuff. I just really liked the old one better.

but the old one was very outdated. >:/ i hate common sense.
see this picture and more at http://www.darkpidgeot10.deviantart.com . this is by ME!!!