New pet: Bumbus

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

New pet: Bumbus

Post by Silverevilchao »

URL says it's a "Bumbus", so I don't think this is an experiment pet. The news post calls it a new pet.

OMFG do we finally have another species of bug?!

...my only problem with it is that looks like a really, really cute and plushie version of the Illumis. Lotsa similarities. Ok, maybe not that many, but I did a double-take when I saw it for the first time 'cause I thought it was some kind of Illumis.

EDIT: This is definitely a new pet. Other colors are available:
Spoiler: open/close
ImageImageImage
Arid, Cream, Dawn, respectively.
ImageImageImage
Dusk, Field, Gold...
ImageImageImage
Lilac, Marsh, Nuclear...
ImageImage
Sun and Twilight.
Really like the Lilac, Nuclear, and Twilight ones. And Arid. Also, I edited the topic title.
Last edited by Silverevilchao on 28 Nov 2009 07:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prairs

Re: New pet?

Post by Prairs »

It's really cute, and I've seen a few too. I love the gold one!
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Re: New pet: Bumbus

Post by hebdenhippy »

As great as it is to see another bug pet, I wish they had opted for a different type of bug (maybe a butterfly or a mantis or something like that) as this looks really similar to the Illumis. It's very cute, I like the eyes and the cute little arms, but I prefer the Illumis.
Faun

Post by Faun »

quite cute, but Id rather have a spider or some scary type of bug.

I love, love, love the nuclear!
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I've always thought real bugs were adorable, but the style is too baby cartoonish for me. And I hate bees. But it's very well drawn, not a bad addition! Just would've preferred a spider or beetle or even a cute snail c:
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

-sighs- I was really hoping this would be an experiment pet. I don't like bees at all; I was hoping for a scorpion or something really badass. This just looks like a Chibi or something, not an actual pet. It looks like it's giving you the finger by the way.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

IT'S SO CUTE. I kinda want one, but I don't have any free pet slots, and I can't imagine what I'd do with one. Arid, dusk and lilac are my favorite of the colors. I'm not fond of bees by any stretch of the imagination, but I like it and can't wait to see more colors. :)

Edit: Who is the artist, by the way?
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

As others have said, it's adorable, but if we were going to get another bug-inspired species I'd much rather have something from the arachnid family. As it is, it just seems way too close to the Illumis for my personal tastes.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Pie is the artist. I think the pet is adorable!
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

That's cute. :D Though it's too bad they didn't go for a more scary bug to contrast the illumis. I love bees in any case.

I kind of hope someone takes over the illumis as well eventually, I wish I'd gotten more colours out for it. D:
Kari

Post by Kari »

It looks like a Tellytubby. Or a really fat Illumis. I wish we had gotten an ant or a scorpion or spider or something scary-ish.
derp
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Can't say I'm too fond of this. Not too keen on bugs anyway, and this is waaay too cute for my taste. I do like the eyes on the Arid/Cream/Dawn and the ruff on the Twilight.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

As I said on the Subeta forums, I'm waffling between cute and creepy on this one. The art is well done, but it's not inspiring any "OMG MUST HAVE NAO!!11" feelings in me. Good on them for making another bug pet, though, I guess.
Amphigorey
Human Avatar: 435031

Post by Amphigorey »

... I don't like it D:

I HATE bugs. Hate hate hate. They are the bane of the universe. Especially bees. So, I probably wasn't going to like this pet no matter what.

But why couldn't they have made it look less like the Illumis? They're very similar; wings, antenna, two large eyes, furry mane, six arms... I understand that most bugs look like that, but why another one? Why not a spider or ant or butterfly? To me, it's not even that cute. It's more like it's attempting to be "OMG children's TV Show host" cute, but falling into 'creepy' territory instead.

Eh. I'll never get one, but I guess if other people like it it's fine.

ETA: I must admit, this little guy is growing on me. It is kinda cute, and oh-so-squishy *squishes it*. My original judgement might have been a tad harsh. I shall blame it on my bee-phobia. XD
Last edited by Amphigorey on 29 Nov 2009 02:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

but if we were going to get another bug-inspired species I'd much rather have something from the arachnid family.
Except for the fact arachnids aren't a bug, I agree with this. :)

I totally adore this pet, though. So faaaaat.