Advent Calendar Y11!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Re: Advent Calendar Y11!

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Today we have...
Spoiler: open/close
...a handheld accessory, the Brucey B Holiday Mug, and a baked treat, the Warm Tchea Fruit Pie.
Image Image

Mug on a pet with an opposable thumb:

And on a pet without:
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

D; No animation again. Sort of. The items are alright, but I don't get where the animation's coming from, since they're usually related to the prizes :B.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
stinkbomb

Post by stinkbomb »

The prizes are ok..nothing major, but hey..free so can't complain.

The animation/flash computer killing thing though is driving me insane. My comp, older to be sure, freezes for a good 5 mins on the page. Then again on the reveal of the actual prize..boom..freeze up again. The music, however, continues to play. Taunting me and my dinosaur of a PC with our inability to navigate away. Very annoying. Wish there was a way to disable it from loading at all (Other than not going :D)
Rainbow Daydreamer

ZomgethMew wrote:The items are alright, but I don't get where the animation's coming from, since they're usually related to the prizes :B.
Brucey B Slots were in the animation, so that explains the mug. As for the pie, Tchea Fruit is associated with the Lost Desert, though I agree the connection's less than obvious.
stinkbomb wrote:Wish there was a way to disable it from loading at all (Other than not going :D)
Blacklist *.neopets.com on your adblocker, visit, then take it off again.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Brucey B Slots were in the animation, so that explains the mug.
Total technicality, but it was actually Black Pawkeet Slots in the animation. ;)

YES, I AM THAT *NERDY*. And NITPICKY.

I hate animations. So bad. Unless they're singing Meepits.

I love the food item. First item I actually loved in this AC, for real. :)
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Today's animation killed my computer too, and this work computer usually handles that stuff well (I can actually visit Faerieland using this computer but it completely freezes my newer laptop at home). So, I can only imagine that it would've totally crashed my laptop.

And I noticed the animation being Pawkeet yet the gift being Brucey B too =P
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Yay, drink! One more item for my massive gallery. Now if only I had the nps to upgrade it so I could you know, actually add it 0_o. I think I should go play some games.
The pie is also very pretty.

I'm not sure why today's animation killed my comp so much, it wasn't like it was extremely animated or anything. But it did which is depressing since my computer is just a little over a year old and usually has no problems with stuff like this.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

You can be more specific than blocking all of neopets.com - the advent animations appear as files in the same directory, so if you block the string http://images.neopets.com/winter/advent/2009/* it should block the advent animations and hopefully not too much else.
Rainbow Daydreamer

No wearables today. Very Bruce Day-themed, though. And time for a round of that traditional sport "Try To Guess What The Animation Was Supposed To Mean."
Today's items are a toy, the Bruce Pull Along, and yet another baked treat, the Bruce Fruit Cake.
Image Image
As for the animation:
I had to look at it several times, but here's my take: the Usul is delighted to see what she thinks is a winking plushie among the toys in the window. It's actually a Bruce who has a giggle at his joke once she's gone. Could have been signposted better, but it's the only explanation I can think of.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I think it looks like the Bruce is laughing at the Usul because she's outside O_o Lindsey and I both said he was a 'dick' outloud, haha.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

I don't get today's animation o_O; Yesterday's would have made sense if it was Brucey B slots.. but it's not |D So.. I dunno.
The items are nice, though.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Fury

Post by Fury »

The Bruce is laughing at the Usul because she looks into the shop, assumes he's a plushie but har-de-har, he winks at her and the whole thing is clearly very amusing yeah yeah. It's rather lame, LOL.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah, i have a brand new laptop, and the advent pictures/animations choke it. And ~~spoiled brat alert~~ they're not that good and the sound is annoying in all of them. I keep watching and listening every day hoping one will be worth it.... I just close the tab when it chokes and then go to my inventory to make sure i got the goodies.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Any guesses on today's clip? Also, since when did Peophins have fins that fit so effortlessly into gloves?

As for the prizes:
Today's prizes are a very pretty background decoration, the Kelp Holiday Garland, and a seemingly purposeless gift, the Maraqua Holiday Gift.

Image Image
Kelp Holiday Garland modelled:
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

My first reaction was utter confusion to the comic - what the hell was that about? And then... :| Horror. THE PEOPHIN HAS HANDS.
Subeta: Thomas