Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
invaderhorizongreen

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

well i am happy i finally got all the parts of the kougra sailor outfit! :D i also dressed my kougra up if you want to take a look .
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Iggy - have you considered buying a painted petpet? That's ridiculous inflation (especially since according to jn there haven't been any new mutant petpets for ages), so it's quite likely that the prices of already-painted ones won't have shot up yet. I wonder if perhaps it's because new mutant pets have been released and they've become popular as matches.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Kamil, it is good to hear that trading UC's doesn't have to be so hard, congrats on your beautiful krawk!
I still have a UC faerie kougra that I might possible be willing to trade, but the entire process just scares me. Also the fact that I'm not quite sure what I would trade him for, he is the only pet I have that is "worth" (ugh) something and I still have +/- 4 pets that I would have liked to have before V2 came along.

Right now my accounts are a mess, and I should clear them up and figure out what pet goes where...
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I thought of that, Jazzy. But, there is only one on TP.

I'm just going to mail that user and hope for the best. :D

*punches inflation in the face*
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

Iggy i hear you on the inflation i have a spyder petpet and considered painting it starry or island and BOTH brushes are freaking 250K+ i thought WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED! :K a few months ago they were under 160K and i am super glad i painted my kougra faerie 4 years ago!
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

You have equipped zuriika with Bag of Healing Dust.
:D

I can't believe, after all this time, that I finally, finally have a half-decent healer. Now I'm broke :P
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Congratulations!!!

What do you mean, "half-decent"? Isn't the next step up a LEV or something? :O I forget.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

It's only half-decent because it's only a half-healer :P

In seriousness, though, yes, that's the next step up, and I'm balking enough at paying the Bag's price. Congrats, mellaka!
Duke of Earl

Post by Duke of Earl »

8 plays/day/game isn't helping the inflation either x_x

I got bored enough that I switched my battling pet to a side and am now happily battling stuff when bored x). Call it an achievement in boredom level.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I don't think 8 plays per day could have a serious effect on the economy; can you actually demonstrate April-specific inflation on anything?
Duke of Earl

Post by Duke of Earl »

Jazzy wrote:I don't think 8 plays per day could have a serious effect on the economy; can you actually demonstrate April-specific inflation on anything?
The 10/day at the end of last year definitely had an effect.

You can certainly notice it with the codestones. I admit, I don't know if it affect expensive stuff, though.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Statistically, I'd wager that very few people buying an 8m healer will have derived a significant portion of that from game-playing. It takes too long to earn smaller profits than via RSing or the stock market. And while I can't prove this, I suspect higher codestone prices in December were mostly due to the fact that people had been expecting a war for several weeks. Codestones could have inflated owing to game plays (because they're cheap enough to fluctuate, and the group that would play more games if given the opportunity would have a significant overlap with the group who train with normal codestones) but I suspect the war anticipation was a bigger factor.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Why were people anticipating a war?

I came back from hiatus in January so I missed that particular development. @_@
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

The Moltara plot started in November, and whenever there's a plot people go "omg war!!" despite the fact that we haven't actually had a proper war since the (disastrous) 2005 Maraquan war.
Duke of Earl

Post by Duke of Earl »

Jazzy wrote:Statistically, I'd wager that very few people buying an 8m healer will have derived a significant portion of that from game-playing. It takes too long to earn smaller profits than via RSing or the stock market. And while I can't prove this, I suspect higher codestone prices in December were mostly due to the fact that people had been expecting a war for several weeks. Codestones could have inflated owing to game plays (because they're cheap enough to fluctuate, and the group that would play more games if given the opportunity would have a significant overlap with the group who train with normal codestones) but I suspect the war anticipation was a bigger factor.
It was actually surprising how fast the codestone prices dropped back down at the beginning of the year. They shot up again in the beginning of April, too. (well more of a gradual increase... but it went from ~9500 for Eo at the end of the year, down to about 8000 just April, and now is at 10000).