Brown and Desert Lutari

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Xelio

Re: Brown and Desert Lutari

Post by Xelio »

Seeing the larger images, I like that the clasp is a scarab on the desert hood. I suppose he's supposed to be a desert rogue or treasure hunter or something. I don't like how many colors there are though. The red bauble on the belt just stands out way too much with all the other, more subdued colors used. It looks like a shiny button that is screaming "Don't Press Me!" but because its shiny and red someone ends up pushing it anyways.

And are those eyes the exactly same color? That's kinda lazy.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Faun

Post by Faun »

I actually really like these. one of my main reasons for hating lutaris is that when 2.0 hit, they were transformed into these deformed things. but these colours make me like this pet slightly more. :3
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I loved version 1 lutari's. So sleek, so graceful. The new ones are blockheads!
But the blockheads got nice colours, allthough desert without its clothes might be pretty boring.

I like the idea of the desert clothing but the result not so much. I don't like the jewelry colour, but mostly I don't like it when clothes miss the black outlines. Without it, it makes the art very pretty on its own, but it looks so weird if you want to combine it with other pieces that do have an outline. So I like consistency (sp?) better.
Charlotte

Post by Charlotte »

The first time I saw the Desert clothes, they seemed to me to be more like a NP clothing set than a PB set, and I was surprised to find they were PB clothes.

I like them, but they don't really seem very much like PB clothes.

Not bad colours, really, shame that they're both so similar
Haken

Post by Haken »

These are actually not half bad. I do like the browns they used.

Though I do find it strange how the clothes on the desert are so nicely shaded then that actual otari looks flat D:
The clothes also look more like they are some clothes set to dress em up instead of an actual pet colour. But still really nice^^