New Colour! Relic and Chocolate Shoyrus

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Amotten

Re: New Colour! Relic and Chocolate Shoyrus

Post by Amotten »

Both colours are really nice.
I’m not too fond of Shoryu’s, but if I ever zapped a chocolate Sho, I would consider keeping it. I really like the cream and cherry blob, so cute.
Relic … I always did like the Stone colour, so it’s nice to see they’ve revamped it. I’m particularly looking forward to seeing how Eyries and Draiks turn out.
Main account: Amotten
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

The first Relic PB is now in auctions:

http://www.neopets.com/genie.phtml?type ... erequisite
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Oh, I like chocolate, it is a very good one. It looks yummy!

As for relic, I'm not sure, those stones on its feet might make it harder for customization. I'm not a big fan of shoyru, so I will wait for more relic pets before I decide wether I like it or not.
Crystalame

Post by Crystalame »

Looks like the stones on the feet are removed on the customized Shoyru... Cool!

I actually really like the Relic color. I joined like a year or two after Stone was retired so it's nice to see it revived again. I always thought it was a cool color.

The Chocolate Shoyru is also amazing. I might consider zapping one.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Meh. I think they should have just called it stone. The word relic makes me think of all sorts of things that are infinitely more interesting than the actual pet color. A stone pet covered in glyphs and runes like the collossuses in Shadow of the Colossus are what first come to mind. It's not a horrible color by any means, but I can laugh at all the things that SHALL NOT HAPPEN, happening on Neopets. Next thing you know, there will be NeoSchools. *ducks*
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah, as neat as this is, why not just revive the Stone? The PB already exists, and it's already circulating in the market as a useless PB.
Haken

Post by Haken »

Wow I actually really like the Relic colour.
It's a nice improvement to the stone colour. I don't really mind the name change. I like them being called ice and relic better than glass and stone XP

Hmm and I do agree with some users that the pet may have looked nice with some moss or lil plants growing to give the nice relic statue look.
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

well as nice as relic looks i would have liked to see some sort of moss/ vines climbing or draped on the pet they are a statue after all but chocolate is super cute !

Post by avatarluverscififan »

exellent i think. but didnt they take away stone for looking too inaminate? still i like it a lot, glad to see a better version of stone back. (if only i kept my relic pb!!)
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

(if only i kept my relic pb!!)
You had a Relic PB already? Or, do you mean stone, which doesn't work to paint Relic?

Post by avatarluverscififan »

yeah, they used to be completely worthless.
Madge

Post by Madge »

They probably still are - they can't be used to paint your pet, the relic pb is completely different.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I don't know - based on the inflation of the paint brush plushies, they probably actually are worth something.
Duke of Earl

Post by Duke of Earl »

I for one would have been annoyed at all the people who quickly profited off old stone paint brushes if they had reactivated it... Wonder how high it would have gone?... Obviously depends on how many of them exist. I could easily see 1mill apiece if TNT had done such instead of making a totally new brush. But then again, I'm not so good at gauging such prices.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I think it'd be better for them to reactivate an item that was useless and plentiful than to create a new, rare item. Even if the stone PB inflated a lot, the profiteering would be interesting to watch, plus, there would be hundreds if not thousands of them in existance so the price could reduce accordingly.

With a new PB, the first person to find one can charge whatever they want for it, pretty much.