Glowing & Zombie Kaus

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Plushie Lenny

Glowing & Zombie Kaus

Post by Plushie Lenny »

WOW
Image Image
Zombie looks like a plushie and glowing hurts my eyes, it has such a large border!
Overall though the colours are OK
Laniv

Re: Glowing & Zombie Kau's

Post by Laniv »

Is the Zombie Kau supposed to smile? I like the scar on its head though.
The Glowing Kau's border is huge, and that eye is too distracting.
They are both bald.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I think the Glowing pet images used in the news do tend to have a big border - it works on the site where the background is white. It does make them look like stickers here though. I quite like Glowing, it follows the pattern well and no innovation is expected. I'm not convinced with the blue eye.

Zombie is OK, competently done but I have no strong feelings either way.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Hey...both of these are missing that tuft of fur on their head! Lazy Forgetful artists. =P
Last edited by Pyrostatic on 19 Jun 2010 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Probably forgetful rather than lazy. At least on this count. ;D

I like zombie, although, especially on a quadruped, I'd rather see it without the clothing. (Why am I always looking for naked zombies?)
Image Image
cerpin

Re: Glowing & Zombie Kaus

Post by cerpin »

They're both alright. I wish one or the other would be more standoutish or...pop, I guess. Zombie looks to me like every other zombie, or perhaps blander. It has the same tiny pupil, same tattered clothing, and same base colors as most zombie pets tend to have. The random stitching is kind of nice, but I wish it was more bold, or stood out more.

Glowing sure is glowing. I like the blue eye, actually, but it's still just glowing.

I don't want to sound too negative, but neither of them really make a statement, to me.
Terra

Post by Terra »

The pupil on the Zombie Kau is WAY too high up - my eyes hurt just looking at it. I don't particularly like the clothing, so I'd probably take them off if I were to get one. Also, the smile seems completely out of place to me. They should have at least made it a creepy-looking smile, rather than the standard facial expression for the Kau. However, I do enjoy the coloring and the shading, as well as the head stitches. The shading near the top of the hooves (on the fur) is just great, in my opinion.

I actually happen to like the blue eye on the Glowing Kau. It's a nice contrast and doesn't hurt my eyes like the green does. I wouldn't own a Glowing Kau, but they're not horrible.
Faun

Post by Faun »

I actually like both of these colours, The scars are nice on zombie, And the blue eye on glowing stands out and looks really nice.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

Zombie Kau looks too happy.