Restock War - Nico vs. Manwar

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Restock War - Nico vs. Manwar

Post by Sunwolf »

There is a new Restock War that just started, between two characters that I have never heard of or care about. It involves an imaginary convention called "EPICon." Video Gamers vs. Tabletop Players, and you earn point by restocking items over rarity 45+.

BEWARE, though - if you join Team Nico or Team Manwar, you LOSE whatever Islander or Pirate status you had, for some godforsaken reason. No warning.
I'm Sorry, but you aren't allowed on the Port Plunder. Perhaps if you can find a way to redeem yourself in the eyes of the pirates, you would be welcomed aboard!
SUCK. Hopefully it's a glitch. One that can be fixed quickly and restores our points and statuses instead of an "Oops, sorry."
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Restock War - Nico vs. Manwar

Post by AngharadTy »

Haha, wow. Yet more crap fallout from the islander/pirate war. It'd be nice if they'd restore your status, but I'd frankly be pissed if they fixed the people who are affected today but not people who were affected by the mystery flower, like me and Kamil.

I joined Nico, because I'm fine with tabletop stuff, but I am a video game player through and through.

Seems they've disabled the captcha codes for buying from shops for now.
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Aw man, I didn't know I'd lose my pirate status. Not that I ever went to Port Plunder, but I liked being a pirate! Maybe they can do something for International Talk Like a Pirate Day and let people restore their Pirate/Islander statuses.

I'm with Nico as well. Mostly because I'm completely awful at tabletop games. Video games are my forte, though it doesn't seem like the right choice for winning, since they're basing it off the average points, and Nico's got a ton more followers. Did they do that last time? Either way, it sure makes it interesting.

My usual restock spot is crowded right now too :P
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I joined team Manwar (what kind of name is that?) because while I don't play anything right now, I still have a dusty box full of Magic cards from a long time ago when I played that.

So I need to restock things that over rarity 45? so what type of items are that? I know "common" is around rarity 30.
I don't think I'm going to be very good at this.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Dur hur? I can't imagine two more boring teams to join. We've had pirates and zombies, gods and monsters, robots and witches, and everything in between featured in events on the site, and now were choosing between video games and tabletop games. I just don't get it. Where's the incentive to even bother? It's not like we're actually being challenged to play video games or traditional table top games to earn points. We're doing one of the most boring and repetitive tasks on the site. The only think that makes restocks wars worthwhile and out of the ordinary are the characters involved. Why not do a Comic-Con spoof and invent superhero teams for us to join? Had the rivalry given us been ridiculous and absurd like Waffles vs. Chicken Pot Pies or Vacuum cleaners vs. Cats, I could at least play for the lulz.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Huggles wrote:Dur hur? I can't imagine two more boring teams to join. We've had pirates and zombies, gods and monsters, robots and witches, and everything in between featured in events on the site, and now were choosing between video games and tabletop games.
True dat. I got excited when one of them mentioned fighting zombies, but noooo.

If they wanted a schism with a lot of ire, they should have gone Firefox vs Anything Else But Especially IE. That reaches biblical proportions in reality.
Image Image
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I can't decide which team to join. I don't like tabletop games but I think the majority siding with Nico will keep his average score lower than Manwar's. But the tide can change. Not that, you know, I can restock for shit when dozens of equally fast players are all jumping on an item at once. I just hope this war has affordable prizes and is better planned than last year's frustrating crash course.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

A complete rehash of the same-old, same-old.
Wake me up when something totally unexpected or completely new happens.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Wtf...so basically, people just lost their ticket to port plunder..and Im pretty certain that EVERYONE did, since most don't want to be left out of the restock war.

:| ..
Image Image
ImageImage
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Again with the stealth status-loss? Man, you'd think they'd have learned from the last time they tried that shit. Guess they wanna hurt a few more players with that one before they retire it from their for-the-lulz box.

I've ignored the last few restock wars, and I'll probably ignore this one too. I'll see what it looks like a day or so down the road.

Edit: I'll be pissed too, Ty. Really pissed.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ugh I hate restock wars. I know a lot of people were looking forward to one so I'm happy they get something to do, but I hate restocking when there isn't everyone and their uncle vying for the same items.

Good news though, Keith mentioned on the forums that there would be more ways to earn points as the event continues so I think I'll hold out for that.

I don't mind that it's tabletop vs videogames. I'm rather enjoying the bantering between the two on the forums and the crap ton of references everywhere. Color me easily amused, but I think it's a nifty idea. For the record, I joined Manwar (seriously though, stupid name). I like card games and I like his NPC art far better then Nico's.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Is it just me, or did anyone else misread "Manwar" as "Manwhore"?
Gah, I'm such a prick, but man, that is the worst name I've ever heard of. But I guess gaming geeks or whatever have to have the stereotypical weird name with no reason behind it, in order to look "cool".
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I'll probably join whichever side has fewer people when I get around to joining. I don't really care about either side though I like to play video games.

And I really hate RS wars too but will try my best ...
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

A stereotypical weird name for no reason? Is it not obvious he's foreign (or a parody of someone foreign)? It's a shame that's been wasted; I thought it was clever when he was created. I'll explain: it's a twist on an Arabic name because as he was being drawn, he reminded a few of us from Anwar from Skins. It's too bad that a character who has been around for over a year can turn so many people off because of his name.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Foreign to whom? Is he from Earth or something? I could have sworn there was a character on the Venture Brothers with that name, but regardless, that's all it makes me think. Some washed up super villain who shtick is that he's a MAN, a MAN OF WAR. But really, that's neither here nor there, I really don't care about his name.

And just what has he been doing for a year? Who is he? Can he shoot fireballs from his hand? Does he have a flying lemur? Is at the very least, swarthy? I can't imagine most people would care about their names if they had anything else going for them.