Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Cranberry »

Argh, I'm finally training my battlepet to the 700 boosts, and the stupid ninjas gave me a bonus and kicked me up to 300 level before I was ready (I wanted to raise my HP a bunch before graduating to the two-red-codestone level). I got up at 4am my time to try Deadly Dice, and it's stuck! It's just showing the losing message from last time I played, months (years?) ago. No amount of hard refreshing, logging out, switching pets or switching browsers will unstick it. I made a help ticket, but I decided to try labbing my pet instead to see if it would take a level. It gave me +3 str, kicking me up to 600 str and screwing me over anyway. Guess I'm going to be using stat boosters... some of them are actually cheaper than two red codestones at this point (most of the codestones are around 80k each now, with one at 50k and one around 25k).
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Sorry to hear about that Cranberry. Even training can be hard to accomplish, it seems, unless you give yourself a wide "bonus zone". From now on I will do this, at least 5 points safety around each stat so I don't get bumped over too easily.
TraditionsRule

Post by TraditionsRule »

I managed to grab some nice names lately! Tifoh, Ezhno, and Tital.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Ailiel wrote:Sorry to hear about that Cranberry. Even training can be hard to accomplish, it seems, unless you give yourself a wide "bonus zone". From now on I will do this, at least 5 points safety around each stat so I don't get bumped over too easily.
I would definitely recommend this! I had intended to leave a bigger safe zone, but I got some great quests during the faerie event (two battle and one queen) and I didn't want to turn them down. Then I had the bad luck of getting a bonus while training the last level I needed to get up to half my strength.

Negging isn't as crazy as it used to be. Armoured neggs are super cheap... around 30k each for a guaranteed one defence point each time. That's even cheaper than training with one red codestone. It will be under 3 mil for me to train the 100 defence points I need (and faster than using the school, as once Alaska gets down to dying status I will be able to feed him every hour or two). Strength and HP will be pricier ( I may go with Cool Neggs at about 380k a pop), but such is Neolife.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I've been using Armoured Neggs already and my level isn't even as high as yours! I just use the neggs I get from playing Key Quest, which makes it very economical for me. Defence Neggs are already cheaper than the 8 codestones I need, or soon the one red codestone I will be supplementing with as I can afford it.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'Typing Terror' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

#309 and I'm in a good position for a trophy (even more so given that it doesn't move very fast)
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Rah

Post by Rah »

Ugh Damion that's the only game avatar I am dying to have! I've tried so many times and been disheartened :( Congrats to you!
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Achievement round-up here! I've been lax in posting them. I made a thread about being published in the NT. I also had two poems published recently-- one about KQ that is here and one for Uni Day which is here. The Key Quest one is one I am really proud of.

I've also been working really hard on my neohome, in preparation for entering it into the Neohome spotlight. I traded for an NC wallpaper and floor tiles, and I've got a really cool island theme going for my Lutari Island neohome. But in related news, I am broke. Neohome stuff is expensive! You can check out my progress here-- I am still working a lot on the outside/garden area, but the inside is pretty much done except for a few things (I really want to replace the chimney with the plot prize one and the bathtub with the Mystery Island bath tub).

And in my BEST and most EXCITING news (for me) Braedan won the pet spotlight this week! I am so excited. I love sharing my pets with the world, and I just love all the attention and birthday wishes he is getting.

Which reminds me, that I celebrated my 11th Neoversary on February 28, as well as Aurea's 11th birthday, and Braedan's 11th on March 2. Eleven years on Neopets, it's so strange. Nearly half my life. It's gone by really, really fast. I feel like I went to sleep 14 and woke up 25 sometimes.

And that's all the news.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Wow, nice achievements indeed!!

I got curious what my game scores were and didn't realize i was eligible for the Gamer avatar until i saw the notification that i got it. :)
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I just beat NeoQuest II on Insane and got Wand of Reality! :D

I never have to touch this game again. Yay!
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Gumdrops wrote:I just beat NeoQuest II on Insane and got Wand of Reality! :D

I never have to touch this game again. Yay!
Congratulations! I've been struggling in Evil for months. lol
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I joined a guild today just for the fun of it and was chatting away. A few times the profanity filters Meerca has popped up while I've tried to use 'lmao' but I just got a warning... my second, ever, for using 'wtf'. Which the filters caught. And I changed. I just don't understand. e___e
Subeta: Thomas
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

My battle pet hit the 700 defence boost a few days ago, and the 700 strength boost yesterday. I used armoured neggs, cool neggs and a bunch of Altador strength potions. Figured it was time -- I've only had the pet for 10 and a half years. :P I'm using sneggs for HP now.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I have a woe: I just logged back onto neo and... I missed a plot, didn't I.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Wow, yep, probably did. Been a while, what's new with you?