Pokemon Generation V Thread/Discussion

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Rah

Re: Pokemon Generation V Thread/Discussion

Post by Rah »

It's asking me to put the date in format yyyy-mm-dd, if that helps you! (There's also a tiny calendar next to the input field where you can just choose it manually?)
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

The eeveelution I'm supposed to meet didn't show up. Sad!
Same.

My main issue at the moment is that I can't seem to wake up my Togekiss. I keep getting communication errors (20100, which means it's Nintendo's fault), which pisses me off because I was obviously able to send it to the Dream World to begin with. I think they're still having lots of problems at the moment - for instance, the loading times for the one-time tutorials are horrendous for content that is just text in a flash animation, and I have no clue what's up with the stats on the first page, they make little sense.

In other news, though, the Wailord mini-game is insanely fun. I really enjoy that one.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Ughhhh, great. Yeah, they're having a lot of problems still, I guess. It's 2 am here and the Flash player has just frozen. If I refresh, I lose out on playing in the Dream World today. I've gotten nice items and all, but noooo, no more playing for me. The site decided to fuck me over for a day.

It also wouldn't be so bad if it were a "once a day" thing, but instead it's "once every 24 hours" and that's a lot harder on me. It means I play less, and I sulk, and when it messes up and causes me to play even less, I get pissed.

You know. Pissed at Pokemon. Serious stuff.

Really, though, what kind of piss-poor design is that? If I can play for an hour a day, then let me come back to the damn page when it breaks.
Image Image
Silverevilchao

Post by Silverevilchao »

It also wouldn't be so bad if it were a "once a day" thing, but instead it's "once every 24 hours" and that's a lot harder on me. It means I play less, and I sulk, and when it messes up and causes me to play even less, I get pissed.
Seriously? Shit. That makes it harder for me to schedule for it, especially when it seems that successfully connecting to Nintendo Wi-Fi is an exercise in luck and brute force.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Rah wrote:It's asking me to put the date in format yyyy-mm-dd, if that helps you! (There's also a tiny calendar next to the input field where you can just choose it manually?)
Must have been something no-script was blocking. I didn't see the calendar until I told it to temporally allow the entire site.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Apparently my female Jellicent dreams of being a male. Also, Jellicent is so big that I can't click my friend board (I know there's a button in the upper left, I just find it funny).

Overall, I'm kind of disappointed with Dream World. It's simplistic and repetitive. It's cute, but... if I didn't need berries to retrain my team members, I wouldn't bother at all. And at this point it might be faster to just train up new ones instead, because dayum, I am not getting any of the ones I need. Thanks, another oran berry. I am so excited. (I assume berries get better when I unlock the next area with my mysteriously-accrued practically-hidden dream points.)
Image Image
Silverevilchao

Post by Silverevilchao »

Speaking of Dream Points, where the hell are they? It would be nice if I knew where I could see them. I really want to save them up so I can get a Vulpix with Drought on it. Or a Ralts with a Dream World ability. That would be nice.

I fixed my connection issues, it was due to my University's stupid firewall. Looks like I need to have my computer on the same connection as the DS so I can log in to keep the firewall from blocking it...

I haven't had very many problems with the Dream World now. Everything loads quickly, and the minigames are fun. My only problem is that, DAMN, it's hard to get female Pokemon with the Dream World ability (only females can pass down the ability to their offspring in breeding). I had to skip five Pokemon or so because they were males.

I wasn't on this entire week, but someone watered my berry garden, which was very, very nice of them. I might actually have Yache Berries tomorrow.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Log in to pokemon-gl.com, go to your profile, click the Pokemon Dream World tab. Voila, points. (I was deliberately looking for them and it took me a while to find them the first time. Gosh, so intuitive.)

A vulpix with drought would be pretty damn badass and make the one I just trained look bad. I'll keep an eye out too, heh.
Image Image
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I finally decided to have a go connecting to the Dream World. Managed to get in fairly easily with a Rufflet (which didn't look as cute as I was expecting). I found a Tangela, Doduo, Oddish and Igglybuff and settled on the Tangela (with the Regenerator ability). The Wailord and Pelipper games are fun but the Combee one is God awful. I barely got past the first line. I'm not sure if I'm going to bother with it much. :-/

Also, has anybody got a Darkrai and/or Deoxys they're willing to trade out for 'Dex purposes? They're the only two I'm missing.
Fury

Post by Fury »

I had a bit of a break from playing my White but I've been slowly levelling up my little critters at both Nimbasa Stadiums; as soon as they reached level 75, I went and defeated the Elite Four for the second time and took on Adler. I was surprised by how easy it was but it was fun nonetheless.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Vienna, Rin, Frosch, Hannibal, Majesty, Nana

I'm now at a bit of a loss as to what to do. I wish there was more post-game content to trudge through but I suppose I will have to content myself on filling up my Dex, which I've always been shit at. Ha!

Oh and I've not accessed Dream World yet - to be honest, I've not read up about it at all and am not entirely sure what it's all about. From some of the comments you guys have made though, I may just give it a miss!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I traded with some other people on Dream World for two of the EV-deleting berries last night. I haven't earned any other areas than the Nice Forest or whatever it's called. I didn't even play for a few days. It's so hard to care about the Dream World--it's boring and repetitive. But I really want those berries, dammit.
Image Image
Silverevilchao

Post by Silverevilchao »

O_O

My Togekiss just gained a level after waking up from the Dream World. Apparently, you gain experience there or something!
Kali_Lupine
Human Avatar: 189836

Post by Kali_Lupine »

I haven`t attempted dream world yet....I don`t know if I ever will considering things I don't know/understand scare the hell out of me.

I am pleased to report that I have found 2 shinys in just one game...I have yet to go after the elite four for a second time on either game, I am kinda weird and I really, really enjoy leveling up so I've been training some of my lower level pokemon.

I am sooooooo glad that they give you a lucky egg in these games, because if I wasn't able to transfer the one I already had on D/P then I would have cried, considering how long (and lucky) it took me to get it in FR/LG (don't remember which one anymore)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

If you earn over 500 dream points in one sitting, then your pokemon's level goes up. (At least I think it's 500. Bulbapedia has more details.)

I got to 5k dream points today, unlocking the third world or level or whatever they are. It's even more annoying now that I can't pick which world to visit. Oh, well, I pretty much just want berries....

On the plus side, Wailmer's art is hilarious.
Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

If you haven't used Dream World before but you made an eeveelution friend in that flash game, make sure to activate your promotion reward. I got mine today. I wonder if you can reset to get a different gender, heh. A female eeveelution would be ideal. (Edit: You can definitely reset for nature/IVs, so probably for gender, too.) (Edit edit: Serebii says they're male only. Sad!)

I don't suppose anyone here has an extra Munna c-gear code? I like Munna.
Image Image