Blake Steele Excavation

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Rakumel

Re: Blake Steele Excavation

Post by Rakumel »

Aww. I kinda hoped I'd find more of those sandstones. I'd buy them but holy fuck, the price shot up fast. Raku is a slightly sad panda.

But not too sad, because WOW the inside of the chamber is gorgeous! LOVE the stained glass on the mural and the mosaic on the floor. Definitely looking forward to more.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Yeah, I missed most of the first part, so I totally missed the items for that. On the other hand, I am LOVING the puzzle and art. Definitely looking forward to more stuff. :D
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Ughhhhhh why didn't I buy compressed sand stones when they were 40k last night? I was digging any time I was online this weekend (which was a lot!), and I got nothing about 80% of the time. I have all the other ingredients to make the three rock minion things (which I want for pet treasures), but I hate the idea of paying a million for each stone.

I'll be excited in a minute about the plot moving forward, but that's so frustrating. Plus anyone who was out of town this weekend would have missed the digging entirely....I expected it to continue for at least another day or two, with maybe a few more stages added, and more items to be uncovered. There has to be more jewelry than a billion circlets, right?
Rah

Post by Rah »

I think somebody put the gemini curse on them.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I never would have gotten the new puzzle on my own, I'm horrid at sliding block puzzles and this one was quite challenging in its own right.

Thankfully an awesome user put all the steps together in an easy to follow image. I never would have gotten it otherwise so thank you, Ichigo777.

Link to solution
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I'm usually pretty good at this puzzle. I like to play an old Windows 3 game called Kiosk that's basically the same thing.

But, I must be out of practice because I couldn't get it for the life of me. Had to use the solution on the forums.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

For the first puzzle, I was able to solve it myself without looking at the how to. So I'm pretty proud of myself there. :3 Then for the second part of the puzzle.... When I take over the world, I will be rid of all sliding block puzzles. DX I'm so bad at them, never have been good at them. So of course I was no good at this one. So I used the lovely visual how to that was posted. Though I think I would of had a bit better luck at solving it myself if I had realized that I could move the damn moon piece! **eyebrow twitch** Oh well, despite a bit of annoyance, I'm still quiet enjoying myself. I always loved the puzzle parts of Neopets plots so I'm quiet liking this plot moves so far. To bad I won't get to see the whole plot through, since I'm going to the cottage Friday afternoon. ;-;
And oh my gosh the art is so so gorgeous. It made the sliding block puzzle much more tolerable, staring at those pretty tiles.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

The art so far for this plot is absolutely OUTSTANDING. All the stone work and mosaic and design, gah. Absolutely beautiful.

I was one of the first 100 people to beat the sliding block puzzle - I couldn't believe it, but I was super super excited :O I HATE THOSE THINGS, TOO. I just got really lucky xD
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

The artwork on the sliding puzzle is just beautiful! I want one. The stones look almost iridescent the way they are shaded and they used my favorite pet (the Kora) on on of them which made me smile. I had to use the visual guide as well to finish the puzzle and I was far from the first 100 to solve it...but I don't mind as it was so pretty to look at. I hope I can get on more over the next few days so I don't keep missing these puzzle releases...damn that real life!

Oh, and I almost swallowed my tongue when I saw the prices for the compressed sand stones and the vials even! Good lord they shot up quick fast and in a hurry. I didn't get to dig much at all before that portion was over (that real life thing again) and so am now sitting and debating exactly how much I want those minions...they are lovely, but I am not sure I want to drop that kind of sP on them.

Anywho...so far I like the style of the plot and just hope I can participate more in the next few steps. I wish Subeta worked better on my smart phone...then I could sneak on while at work since our security blocks it on our work computers and my phone is the only other option. No, I'm not addicted at alllllll. LOL!
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Kali_Lupine
Human Avatar: 189836

Post by Kali_Lupine »

the art is amazing!!! But I haven't really attempted anything to do with this plot other than the very basic digging at first. I hate puzzles and the way I am feeling lately I just can't get into this...which I am sure I will regret lately! That has never happened before, I swear! LOL *remembers the EPIcon plot*

Edit: I have some spare Compressed Sand Stones and other items...seems quite a few people need them lol. Contact me, I'll try to be fair about giving them out and try to get everybody that needs something! I only really wanted the froggy and the lovely Griffin was kind enough to gift that to me! Wasn't even on my WL yet! You know me too well hun! LOL
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

so how do I make the tiles slide. I am using Firefox, nothing is moving. |:

Edit: Nevermind figured it out hah
Image Image
ImageImage
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I had a little bit of time to dig over the weekend, but didn't find many items. I know I only got one bottle and I don't seem to have any sandstone. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy the stuff to make the minions or not.

But, I have to agree that the artwork is amazing, as always. I'm really enjoying seeing the new steps and how pretty everything is. I'm also hoping for a battle challenger at some point, and am trying to stay positive that my pet might actually have a chance against a hard one (though I'm not doing a good job of that).

Oh, and I loved the Doctor Who reference with the plushie, since statues automatically make me think of Blink anyway.

Edit: The prices of the materials weren't too bad, so I made the minions, yay.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Oh yeah, the artwork is fantastic. Now, for the puzzle...I had to consult a visual guide. And even then, that's a LOT of steps. x.x I was able to solve the first puzzle with few issues, but this one was hard!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Well new plot step is up and it is a bunch of challengers! Yay fighting! I believe they were all classified as "Easy" though I the site wasn't up long enough for me to check. Hope the 502 error goes away soon, I want to beat up some stone statues.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

wow...the third room is now available, which would be absolutely great if the site would stop giving me the "bad gateway" error and actually let me into the frickin room./sarcasm

my husband is going to gank the computer from me as soon as he gets home from work so he can play Minecraft and I would really like to check out the 3rd room before then...sorry, I'm irritable about this.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image