MapleStory

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
PennyLane

Re: MapleStory

Post by PennyLane »

Anyone still playing? i've been trying to get on to check out the chaos patch for two days now and there is always something keeping me from logging on. Server checks to fix problems and last night I couldn't get past the world select screen. @@
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Actually, I've been playing again a little bit. My friend needed something to unwind after her crappy job and asked me to play with her again, so I've been noodling around. I have no idea what's going on. The entire map is different, for some reason I have a bunch of extra SP, my attacks look different, and I can't find some of my old items. Also have terrible lag that persists that I need to fix.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I stopped because it seemed that 1.) the game had no real focus after you get off the n00b island and 2.) you have to pay for all the outright awesome stuff. Also, I wanted to play the game with my mom, but her computer at the time couldn't handle it...

Also, my PC is primarily Linux now, but I have a Windows partition that I use for gaming...
Kari

Post by Kari »

When I saw it was getting another new patch, I decided to make a new character. Well, sorta, it's a Spearman again, but at least my stats are right without having to spend money on it.

Of course they're having login issues right now.
derp
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

lol Joey, yeah they changed a ton of things in january. For info on that you can google "big bang patch". Are you playing on broa? =D I still haven't had a chance to check out the new patch, I worked 60 hours this week and every time I tried to log on there were issues. I guess there are tooons of bad glitches with this patch, and they're planning on adding the second part of chaos on the 11th so maple is going to get even more screwed up. When I do get on though I'll be on my dark knight, pennyiane.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Sooo anyone else playing? Giant patch today that I'm so excited about =D
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

What are they patching up? I should install it again. Oh, I may have it installed on my laptop still. I was still having fun with it, although I forget what I was doing. I just have a very short attention span. Also, where is my gamepad, hmmm.
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Lots of things! http://maplestory.nexon.net/News/News.a ... ageIndex=1

Warriors, magicians, and bowmen are getting some updates. Dark Knights are *finally* getting a 4th job attack and I am thrilled. We're getting 3 new party quests and all of the old party quests are being updated. They will give more exp depending on the level of the party members. We can buy airplanes now to travel between continents, instead of having to wait for boats. Plus there are all the things added over the past few months that you may have missed. The game has crafting and mining now, and we have personality traits that get leveled up by doing different things. I level up my ambition by fighting bosses, and as it gets higher the amount of exp I lose when dying goes down.

I'm still Pennyiane on Broa!

The patch won't be over until 8 PM est (just over 2 hours left) so you'll have to wait to download the game again.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Sounds like it's worth investigating! I'll have to comb through the wiki for the other stuff I've missed, too. Thanks for explaining. And also posting. I forget games exist sometimes. (Funny, because I've been playing a different Nexon-hosted game lately.)
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

There is a really fun event right now. Monsters drop beauty envelopes and if you use one it completely randomizes your appearance. They drop pretty often too =D
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Aw, man, guides say that a low-dex warrior is now stupid and I should never have raised my dex on my aran. So much for auto-assign being a good idea all the time. I liked not having to think about it! Ugh sad. Now I'm afraid to look up nightwalkers on the wiki.
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

I don't know anything about low dex warriors....my dark knight is dexless and i get a lot from equips. How much dex do you have? Warriors actually want dex now because at high levels (130) there are some equips that you need it for.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Something like 70 dex at level 41. That seems high, although I thiiiink I just used auto-assign? I was following a guide. But I don't know. The new guides all say to leave it at 4 dex and I can't find the guide I used before (I suspect it's gone defunct). Am disheartened. The nightwalker guide I looked at before is the same, but is that good...? It hasn't even been edited recently.
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

People all say to do that for all classes.....no dex for warriors, no luk for mages, no dex for thieves. It's just so you do more damage, but if your char doesn't bother you then keep going =) Level 41 is pretty easy to get to though so it wouldn't be too bad if you decided to restart. PQs are a lot better now, you could probably do 41 in a day or two. Is this on broa? If so I can help out by pqing if you want
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

If there's one thing I hate, it's doing things over. I either continue or give up. I still like playing the aran, and I'll pretend I couldn't do more damage if I didn't have better stats, I guess. Plus, I got a cool look from one of the random ticket thingies. Woo! (Not that you see it much with warrior-types, I guess.)

It is on broa, though, so maybe sometime in the future. I am super bad at noticing the chat box thing--it's so often pointless--so I do apologize if I ever ignore you there. It is so not on purpose, heh.
Image Image