Cybill revamp complete, + Marsh & Nuclear

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Cybill revamp complete, + Marsh & Nuclear

Post by AngharadTy »

Image Image Old image

And new colors:
Image Image

Here is our new cybill. Anyone have the old picture? You can look at our thread from the potential revamp here to see what all changed from the polled version.

I like the chest fluff now, and the feet are sooooo much better. The flippers are much less awkward-bendy. Overall, I call it good.
Image Image
Ierosbats

Re: Cybill revamp complete, + Marsh & Nuclear

Post by Ierosbats »

Yeah, the feet are much, much better. I really like them now. The flippers are better too.

I think the chest fluff is still too much. Removing the bottom part definitely helped reduce the beardiness, but... I think it's still too fluffy and looks goofy and unnecessary. It's the only thing keeping me from owning one, actually.

This is kind of nitpicky, but the headfluff on our right was lengthened eeeever so slightly. I don't really understand why. I prefer the shorter version, which makes me feel like a crazy person because the difference is seriously so small, but there you go.

Almost a perfect revamp! I'm sure some people created one right away. I probably would have been one of them, if not for the enormous poofball on the throat. The only thing I'm worried about now is what will happen to the Bloodred version when it gets updated, possibly this Morostide. I really hope the axe stays. It's not exactly consistent with the rest of the bloodred pets, but it's a creative addition, and probably was a selling point for a lot of people. I'll be pissed if it gets taken away, and I don't even own one!
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Here's the old one for you, Ty c:

I really love how Rah managed to update the look AND take away a bit of the fluffiness while still staying consistent with redraws. Actually, Rah and I talked a bit after the first polled version and we even chatted about how too many Subeta pets have that emo fluff on their head, but when it's in all the redraws, especially recent ones that don't need to be revamped, it puts the artist between a rock and a hard place xD
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Discord got zapped into one of these an hour ago, and while somewhere in Equestia a statue is weeping I think it looks really nice. The wings look much better and the feet are a definite improvement. I might eventually turn another pet into one of these because I've been leaning towards making a "bird" pet and this looks like it might fit the proverbial bill.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Haha, bill. Like a bird has.

(Yes, I'm tired right now.)

I think it's cute. I like the flippers a lot more in the final version than on the polled version. I like that the feet hint at claws. And I even like the emo fluff. :P
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

Ierosbats wrote:The only thing I'm worried about now is what will happen to the Bloodred version when it gets updated, possibly this Morostide. I really hope the axe stays. It's not exactly consistent with the rest of the bloodred pets, but it's a creative addition, and probably was a selling point for a lot of people. I'll be pissed if it gets taken away, and I don't even own one!
That's me :mrgreen: I've got all 3 axe pets (this, the chibi ghostly and bloodred warador) and I'll be mad if any of them lose their axes!