MapleStory

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: MapleStory

Post by AngharadTy »

It does seem it'll let me on. What a lame problem!

I used to play Cabal Online a ton, but when I upgraded my system, their hack guard program didn't recognize it as a valid system. For months. And months. I think it was about a year before I could play again. That was... annoying.
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

i used to play Cabal!

Hopefully Nexon will fix this problem fast.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Last night I reached level 70 and advanced to the third job! It only took me five or six years!

I was excited to get a mount but I found out they cost 20m!? I don't want to be broke, guess I'll wait til I can get rich from crafting. :l
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I got my mount by selling scrolls. Pennylane posted a guide a page or two back on which quests give scrolls. Helped me a ton!
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Congrats on 3rd job =D I bought a mount on my bishop and never used it because teleport is so much faster!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

So... geez. After the maintenance today, which went longer than expected (by everyone except people who know what to expect from Nexon), I couldn't log into my main character but I could log in to the others. They took the game down again for a few hours and now I can log in to my main again, which... yay and all, but most of my quests have rolled back. Such as the level 100 aran quest to get my level 100 mount. Which I still have. Nice grey wolf sitting right under me, good. Especially good because it cost me 40 million mesos. But uhh, those quests are still active in my quest log, and I'm totally not going to be giving up 40 million mesos again just to clear them, so what do I do? I don't know for sure, but I imagine you have to have those quests marked as done in order to get the third and fourth versions of the mount.

My silent crusade missions also rolled back, at least partially. But I still have the crusader coins from having done them. I want to eventually keep doing that quest line, but redoing the quest... is that going to be abusing the game? =\

I also broke my night walker in an unrelated issue. I took the quest for getting the mount, then realized I have absolutely no way to pay for it (everything went to my aran's mount), so I forfeited the quest. But I still have the mimiana egg and the quest guy won't give me the quest because I have an egg. But I can't turn in the quest. And I can't drop the egg. Yes, I'm dumb, but uhhh... now what.
Image Image
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

More Nexon insanity. Perhaps it's a good thing I didn't log on the past 2 or 3 days because I was too busy drawing. :C Sorry that happened to you Ty, I've definitely enjoyed the side effects of these rollbacks on my quests before.

My friend has been actively playing so I'll probably hear about it on Subeta from her. I heard she tried to store a Skeledog familiar in the MTS and it poofed, despite the Cannoneer update stating that familiars can now be stored in the MTS e_e GUESS NOT?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Yeah, I feel like a fool for wanting to get in on this event. I don't know what the hell to do. Open a ticket and hope they fix at least the mount quest? I do plan to get the later mounts! arghhh. And I want to keep playing that character, but... whaaaaat do I do about my quests. Times like this I really notice how little Nexon has to do with their community. (Scary stuff on the forums--like, a couple people say they can no longer pay with Paypal, for mysterious reasons involving the verification process--they're failing to verify and now their accounts are marked as "never get to use paypal ever again"--and staff just says yeah, sorry, you can't ever again. The company is so messed up they don't even want money from people.)
Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Maple's running a really nice event on the 23rd: http://maplestory.nexon.net/News/Events ... ageIndex=1

I wish I'd known about that two days ago! I spent 50 coins on an AP reset scroll for my aran. (Finally got rid of the dex from auto-assigning for a while, and my top damage went up by 1k, woo.)

I've been playing Mercedes some, and it's a really good class so far, but I'm only second job. Still, she really bounces around quickly. I could buy the mount (if I had ten million mesos), but I can't imagine it's faster than she already is.

That said, Nexon has been having a ton of issues. Bugs and glitches and downtime--well, no downtime for about a week, but still. I went through two rollbacks and a lot of my quests are glitched now. I opened a ticket, but no response yet, because they have a very heavy ticket load. I assume that's normal, but at the same time, a LOT of people are going through the same problems right now.
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

The glitches are really getting to me lol. I haven't been playing much for weeks. I try training but randomly crash so much. I used to fight gunboss pretty often but one of those Showa guys crashes people when they attack him now, and he spawns on the gunboss map. Nearly bald guy carrying a brick, can't remember his name. I had that 10 day free 2x card and barely got to use it because hackers took over all of lion heart castle with their familiar hack. Some of my guildies and I were training one day during the 2x event and I had my free 2x card, so 4x exp for me. Except halfway through a hacker decided he wanted our map. @@

Mercedes are definitely fun though.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I played yesterday for the first time in a couple weeks and after 45 minutes of collecting all the event quest items I could, the server crashed and rolled back at least half an hour. Kind of a sign. =P It was really fun for 45 minutes, though! All those items dropping really makes you feel like you're doing something.
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

I was on the first night of this 5 day hot time event at 7:30 est, and we all got the pop up saying we got a gift....but no one actually got it. THEN the next day the game was down for hours and was finally announced on the site as going back up at 10:30 pm est. Game went up at 10:20 pm instead and nexon thought it would be a GREAT idea to have hot time at 10:30. Meaning most people missed it. The game is such a complete mess these days. if I wasn't so close to 200 I don't think I'd even bother anymore =-/
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I spent a long time getting my mercedes up to level 70 because I knew there was a limited offer of a mastery book. So I got my mastery book and that expires in a month. A month to get to level 120?! Uhh yeah sure. My main character isn't even level 110 yet. Welp, that's a damn shame. (I'll hide it in my stash and hope the time limit doesn't notice it there. I have an AP mastery scroll in one of my account's stashes that I took out today and put back in, even though it should have expired days and days ago.) (Derp, never mind, untradeable. Heh.)

I guess I just level up slowly, but...
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

You could do 70-120 in a month if you wanted to train a bunch. =) At 110 you can go to lion heart castle to train at crockys and do 110-120 in an hour during 2x. I know jesters are really good exp before that, too. They're in the haunted house in NLC. You go inside the house then through the fireplace at the top of that first inside map. Then jump on the springs till you get to the top portal. You can level REALLY fast there.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm 90 right now (that exp bottle for the legends event took my mercedes from 70 to 81!) but I'm never sure where to train next. I look at guides that recommend various areas, but since they're recommended, they're always full. (Knitterbone is... 107 maybe? And grinding is taking so long. Even in recommended areas, when I can find an empty room.) Am I doin' it rong? Well--obviously... ;P
Image Image