Water and Skunk Nimmos

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Color Wheel

Water and Skunk Nimmos

Post by Color Wheel »

Image Image

Water: This has some lovely shading on it, just like all water pets. Unfortunately there's not much you can do with this color on Nimmos, as they don't have any fur to make waves out of. Still, it has some nice highlights and textures in it, and I'd say it's one of the better Nimmo colors.

Skunk: When you have white and black together, they tend to clash a bit unpleasently, hence why it's best to have a lighter grey color instead of the black shown here. It's also interesting how the underbelly is white too - I suppose it would have looked very plain without it though.

(To be fair, Nimmos are just hard pets to work with in general.)
Aard_Rinn

Re: Water and Skunk Nimmos

Post by Aard_Rinn »

Water... intensely aggravates me. The shade of blue is so beautiful, but, well, it's a blue nimmo. For the nimmo, i realized that water'd be hard, but i was hoping for something interesting, like foam at the top that trailed down its face, or something with it's feet. Or even something completely new, like the spotted hissi. I like it, great base colour, AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Skunk is shadow with a cowlick.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I really don't have much to say about skunk, except that it looks more sleek and flattering on the nimmo than most species.

Water: O_O!

Water is a color that never ceases to amaze me, but....this is the best looking shading I've seen on a pet. I'm hard pressed to think of another "mono" color so detailed. Beautiful :)
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
_neo_kami_91

Post by _neo_kami_91 »

Neither of these really do it for me. Not like "wow, I really want one of those".
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

I think Water Nimmo is the worst Water pet released so far.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Water is very understated. While the detailing on the body is nicely done the absence of waves, foam etc., makes the whole thing look rather plain for a Water pet.

Skunk is clean and simple. Overall two competent but uninspiring colours for the Nimmo this year.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark