Water and Split Kaus

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Color Wheel

Water and Split Kaus

Post by Color Wheel »

ImageImage

Water: The lighting on the legs is really nice, and the eye's a lovely color. I don't know though, something about the body bugs me - maybe because the rippled light is so well done, the top half of the body looks rather flat in comparison. Perhaps a smoother transition between the two areas might have helped. It's pretty darn good overall, though.

Split: There's a reasonable amount of purple showing, and I like the inverted eyes. I feel like more could've been inverted though - perhaps the stripes or horns? It's fine, but nothing special.
Kantark

Re: Water and Split Kaus

Post by Kantark »

The Water Kau is much improved on the lacklustre Nimmo from last week... there's so much more going on (admittedly this is helped by the large body area of the Kau and its various appendages which lend themselves to being made into foamy water).

Split is the usual - the purple on the end of the tail is a nice reminder that half the tail would be purple too if we could see it.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: Water and Split Kaus

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I love the watery tail, horns, and forelock on the Water Kau. I also like the subtle variation in tone of the various body parts, but yeah there's a seemingly vast area of "just blue" - but i think it keeps it from being too busy.

And i agree about the Split Kau - i would have put a few more cross-colored pieces in - maybe the horns and hooves or hair tufts - but at least they did that with the eyes. And i do like the indication that there are two colors indicated on various places where it's otherwise hidden, like the tail tuft.