Summer Event: Councilor's Cruise

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Summer Event: Councilor's Cruise

Post by Joey »

So Subeta's finally got something going on this summer. I feel I should make a "we're on a boat" joke or something.

The cruise ship has a captain with a fabulous beard, a guide who keeps sneering at me, a restaurant, a salon with some new hairstyles I can't see since the wardrobe is broken, and a gift shop with some neat things.

So far there's a new map for Delphi Bay, and some new games and stuff. I suck at the sea shell matching game, the art museum looks interesting, and I have no idea what to do with the aquarium. And I have no idea where the fragmatizer thing went, which is unfortunate.

My feeling is that the whole event is a way to finally update all the maps around subeta, but I wouldn't be surprised if the ship sinks by the end. They said it was unsinkable.

So yeah, discuss? Anyone better at matching seashells then me?

Just a warning: there's an achievement for getting the quiz that the Ambassador gives right the first time, so if you want the plushie, make sure you're right.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Summer Event: Councilor's Cruise

Post by Wingsrising »

Thank you for the warning. That quiz was harder than I thought. :-)

The ship is unsinkable, naturally it's going to sink.

ETA: The posters in the art museum gift shop are wearable! Some of them are just posters that hang behind your HA, but some of them are full-fledged backgrounds! Squee!
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

First thought: Hey, actual location maps!
Second thought: Ew, pixel image maps. So bad for liquidity! So many other ways they could've done this.

On the one hand, I'm super excited about the prospect of all new maps; they'd give Subeta a sense of place I fear it sorely lacks as it is. On the other hand, I found the missed opportunity of not making all the fish in the aquarium actual Subeta minions saddening. And though I admit I was rather amused by the Dilemma statue, the rationale behind stocking a whole art museum with knockoffs of real-life famous pieces is entirely beyond me. (Did anyone else assume it was going to be a Neo-style contest gallery?)

Fragmentizer is at the Darkside now. Battle Quests are in the Sacred Lands. Matching seashells is really, really easy if you open the original shell image in a new window first.
Joey wrote:...but I wouldn't be surprised if the ship sinks by the end. They said it was unsinkable.
I'm given to understand this will be a full-scale event plot, with battles and everything; some folks on the forums have already dug up a bunch of new opponents. I can't say much more than that 'cause Purge had them take down the details before I saw them—didn't want it plastered all over the forums, apparently. (Offsite's OK though.) Here's to battle plots... and hopefully a decent opponent revamp! Crossing my fingers for low-level fights and real XP yield.
Wingsrising wrote:The posters in the art museum gift shop are wearable!
Oh! That's nice. I'd expected that they would be, but their wearable previews wouldn't show up on hover so I thought I'd been disappointed. Nice to know otherwise!
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I'm pretty excited! And also totally smug that I called it as a way they were going to revamp the maps. I asked Keith about it at the previous London meetup and he said it was going to happen; alongside seeing all the places we were going I kind of put two and two together. Hoping the Carnival gets a new map, too, as it's oddly out of place now. There's so much more to it than I was expecting, though! I love all the little details. Particularly impressed by the salon hair(!) and the little passport we've been given. And the art gallery is absolutely wonderful! I've proudly got my stamp.

RIP old Delphi image...
Subeta: Thomas
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Foghawk wrote: On the other hand, I found the missed opportunity of not making all the fish in the aquarium actual Subeta minions saddening.
True, although I did find it cute that they're actually real fish species.
And though I admit I was rather amused by the Dilemma statue, the rationale behind stocking a whole art museum with knockoffs of real-life famous pieces is entirely beyond me. (Did anyone else assume it was going to be a Neo-style contest gallery?)
Yes, that was my initial assumption as well.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Pay attention to what Alma says, since she gives you the answers the stupid quiz..I have no idea what the answer is to the first one , ..because I didnt read. :|
Image Image
ImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'd like to have a word with someone about why scientists don't use freaking common names.

Is she supposed to just look tan? Because she looks like a zombie wearing a mask to cover up zombieness.

I like the idea of this a lot, and I'm looking forward to more development. I just wish this weren't happening at such a crazy time for me.
Image Image
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Goldenchaos wrote:Pay attention to what Alma says, since she gives you the answers the stupid quiz..I have no idea what the answer is to the first one , ..because I didnt read. :|
I must have skimmed over whatever she says before the quiz, since I don't remember anything from that. I solved that particular one with a combination of Subetapedia and Google. (That's OK to say, right? Or is that too big a hint?)
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Yea, seemed like that wasnt the case, I googled too and my initial answer to the first question, was right. But its a bit misleading.
Image Image
ImageImage
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

AngharadTy wrote:I'd like to have a word with someone about why scientists don't use freaking common names.
Are you talking about for the fish? XD I actually helped Pie a LOT with the fish in the aquarium (she drew the fish; Lindsey drew the background!) cause I'm obsessed with saltwater tanks. So a lot of my favorite fish species wound up in there xD That being said - yeah, they're common names, so if you want to be mad at someone you can be mad at me, haha xD I only know the common names for most fish because of my job - most of my customers aren't going to ask for a Balistes nycteri!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I almost missed the quiz because the last two names on there (I don't remember. Dottyback and royal something?) look the exact same in Google images! Seriously, both are purple and yellow and look exactly the same to me! I ended up just guessing and got it right. Would have been mad if I missed it due to that :(

I love love love the cruise idea as a way to introduce the new maps! And new stuff is being added to the locations which is great. I'm kinda ashamed at how long it too me to realize you could change rooms in the Art Museum by clicking on the miniscule arrow at the bottom. I thought it odd there was only one painting in there. I loved seeing the larger paintings and their descriptions.

The new salon thing isn't working for me either. I get a brownish orange rectangle on the left and a new hair style on my current HA but it's definitely not working properly.

I find the new Delphi map really lovely. I wish it was bigger though. I imagine the working size is pretty big and this one is very small and hard to see details on. The shops could use with some signage, especially the art museum. Looks more like a reptile house at a zoo then a museum. I really love all the Subeta pets everywhere. The Ruffie in sunglasses is freaking adorable.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Seerow wrote:I almost missed the quiz because the last two names on there (I don't remember. Dottyback and royal something?) look the exact same in Google images! Seriously, both are purple and yellow and look exactly the same to me! I ended up just guessing and got it right. Would have been mad if I missed it due to that :(
Yup that's exactly what happened to me :/ Thus why I decided to warn everyone!

I had thought of using extra windows for the seashells, but it seemed like it would take the fun out of it. I got over it when I saw the achievement called for 25 in a row.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Oh, look! A seashell appears in the sand!

This might be my favourite part, so pretty!
And I love the new prints, wishing all the posters were prints as well.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Joey wrote:
Seerow wrote:I almost missed the quiz because the last two names on there (I don't remember. Dottyback and royal something?) look the exact same in Google images! Seriously, both are purple and yellow and look exactly the same to me! I ended up just guessing and got it right. Would have been mad if I missed it due to that :(
Yup that's exactly what happened to me :/ Thus why I decided to warn everyone!
I'm really sorry about that ;_; That's my fault; the fish in the aquarium are specific types of species (ie a Foxface Rabbitfish as opposed to just a Rabbitfish) and I should have made sure Darling added that to the quiz! So blame me, I'm the jerkwad here!

I'm glad there's a way to "cheat" at the seashell game. I suck really, really bad at it.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Yep, seems like there's more than one kind of Dottyback.

While I agree that opening the shells in another window is cheesy... as someone who's terrible at "spot the differences" puzzles, even with the corny cheat it took me 2 tries to get to 10 in a row. :-) Luckily I don't care about the prize for 25.