Stealthy and Invisible Blumaroo

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
NeonDragonfly

Stealthy and Invisible Blumaroo

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Image Image

So yeah Invisible is invisible.
And we have a new colour, Stealthy. I like the main body colour. The glowing blue eyes are interesting to, not perticularly stealthy if it tries to blend into the shadows, but still looks nice. The clothes are nice to, would be interesting to see it without the clothes.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Stealthy and Invisible Blumaroo

Post by Jessi »

So Stealthy just looks like a way to say... Ninja? Slash Samurai type thing? XD I like the clothes, and while the base color is nice, it doesn't look particularly stealthy.
_neo_kami_91

Post by _neo_kami_91 »

Wow, Stealthy is...new.

Strange species choice to put a new colour like that on, though. Might have looked better on a Meerca or Lupe.
Reconnection

Post by Reconnection »

Not too sure what I think about this...
Yay for the new paint brush clothing!
But I need to see this on another species lol

I wonder if they will all be different darker base colors.
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Huh, that actually looks more Desert appropriate than the Desert color itself

I like it, although the name doesn't really match the clothing
Dying_Light07

Post by Dying_Light07 »

WOW! I really love the Stealthy Blumaroo! It's so sick looking :D

I can't wait to see more pets in this color!
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I would think black and gray would be more apt colors to choose for a stealthy base. However, we already have shadow, and skunk—to a lesser extent—for that. Oh, and then there's the option of making your pet completely invisible. So...I'm wondering why they've chosen not to embrace the ninja title. Although, I suppose this could leave the color open for homages to famously stealthy characters like Ezio or Altair. I really like the clothes, and that's apparently what you're paying for with this. It all depends on the cost of the brush vs similar clothing items whether or not it's actually worthwhile. I wonder if the eyes glow on pet look-ups? Is animation part of any of the paintbrush color options?
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Huggles wrote:I would think black and gray would be more apt colors to choose for a stealthy base. However, we already have shadow, and skunk—to a lesser extent—for that. Oh, and then there's the option of making your pet completely invisible. So...I'm wondering why they've chosen not to embrace the ninja title. Although, I suppose this could leave the color open for homages to famously stealthy characters like Ezio or Altair. I really like the clothes, and that's apparently what you're paying for with this. It all depends on the cost of the brush vs similar clothing items whether or not it's actually worthwhile. I wonder if the eyes glow on pet look-ups? Is animation part of any of the paintbrush color options?
I remeber you wishing for a Ninja paint brush for years. :mrgreen:

Maybe they didn't embrace the ninja title to avoid confusing with the ninja outfits they've released for some species (are those actually named ninja?) or maybe they will go other ways with their future releases, like an Assassin's Creed Scorchio or a Metal Gear Solid Kacheek.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Stealth is stealthy with the exception of the bright pink ear tips which spoils the effect. I wonder if its eyes still glow once its clothes are removed, that might make the base colour an interesting choice for customisation. Otherwise it's just some expensive clothes. Interesting to see what they do in the future though (we'll probably have a slew of these in the next few weeks).

Invisible, I just can't see the appeal.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird »

I do wish TNT would give it a rest with all of these new colours. Not only are previous colours being pushed out of the spotlight, but they seem to be getting less and less imaginative each time. There's nothing stealthy about this. How anything with peach ear tips could ever be stealthy is beyond me. :/
Madge

Post by Madge »

Dude, the "stealthy" is because they want flexibility not to be chained to the "ninja" theme.

I like all the new colours. None of them have even slightly tempted me to paint a pet, but I think they're pretty and add variety, and they have a lot more room to be creative.

Plus it means aishas can get stuff on their pet day.
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

Dark blue actually is the stealthiest color in the dark; solid black is in fact easier to see than natural darkness.
MalionX

Post by MalionX »

guys they released two stealthy pets this time, one arguably better at stealth.
Keleri

Post by Keleri »

Stealthy is a cool color although I do kind of feel like it should have been a clothing set. Looking forward to seeing it applied to more pets.
Hummingbird wrote:I do wish TNT would give it a rest with all of these new colours. Not only are previous colours being pushed out of the spotlight, but they seem to be getting less and less imaginative each time. There's nothing stealthy about this. How anything with peach ear tips could ever be stealthy is beyond me. :/
I like that they're releasing new colors since for many of the older ones, nearly every pet has been covered. And, let's be honest here, a LOT of the old colors aren't very good. Checkered, starry, split, f'n INVISIBLE are lab ray booby prizes, not anyone's dream pets.

I really hate invisible. It's barely acceptable here because we got a whole new color, but let's be real, EVERY SINGLE PET should be available in invisible, right now. Because it is the laziest color in the history of laziness. I also think that the basic painted colors (pink, orange, purple, white, shadow) should all be available since they're just photoshop filters (maybe a teensy bit more work for white/shadow) but we know how neopets has to stagger color release so that they have something to do every day. Alas.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

guys they released two stealthy pets this time, one arguably better at stealth.
^That was funny. :)

I was just thinking that these two colors put together would make a true ninja. I can see invisible going up in price because this would make such a nice customization combo.
I echo everyone else about the Blumaroo being a strange species for the very first new color release. Maybe the brush wasn't called 'Ninja' because possibly it might confine the level of creativity. Something sorely left to be desired in Neo 2.0.

This color REALLY needs a weapon/something to hold.

And Huggles, your wish came true.....about 6 years too late.
Last edited by Usul_Princess on 12 Aug 2012 03:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy