Summer Event: Councilor's Cruise

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: Summer Event: Councilor's Cruise

Post by Joey »

Thanks Cranberry, that works awesomely! I'm still annoyed about the site being practically unusable on Firefox, but this makes it more bearable.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Website currently unavailable...

Neither chrome nor firefox work for me. I can get to one page, but never any further. It is annoying.
Marah

Post by Marah »

Double post.

Veta lake is here, it is pretty. Unfortunately the gardens still work the same. I was hoping they would do something with them. Or at least give them some achievements.
I also have a growing collection of beer in red coffee mugs, which baffle me. Is that an American thing?

2 hours, I think, to go before Mori shows up and I can finish the itinerary!
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

I think they were going for cheap red plastic cups, which tend to be what beer gets served in at parties. At least I think so. I don't tend to go to many parties with beer, but I see the cups everywhere. Either way, someone said we can get as many free beers as we want, yay!

I actually made the mistake of getting the beer first before playing the game, so I wasn't quite sure what the rules were...
Marah

Post by Marah »

Thanks Joey, that explains a bit.
Tssssk, tsssk though. No self respecting brewery would have you taste their beer in plastic cups! ;)

I like the new Mori, still waiting for her to go away though...

So what is left? centropolis, carnival, omen islands and atebus? Will we be sailing into space?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm not sure if the carnival will get its own map, as it ended up being part of Delphi. And we skipped the Omen Islands except for fighting some things on the way south. I think Centropolis will probably be last. I'm a bit worried how everything will fit into that map and still look... good.

I'm disappointed that there are no pet species hanging out in Veta Lake.

Also, I'm disappointed that it's pronounced "veeta", like Velveeta Lake (mm tasty, eh). I was rhyming it with "Subeta" this whole time.
Image Image
Marah

Post by Marah »

I never thought about it so I pronounced it Veeta, because that sounds English. Since it seems to draw inspiration from Bayern, Veta rhyming with subeta would actually make a lot more sense.

And I know we skipped the islands, but it would make for such a pretty map. I get why they can't make it part of the tour (the whining it would cause alone is a good enough reason) but why redo the entire site except one bit. That is weird.

Maybe Centropolis will become two maps?
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Okay, these quizzes are pissing me off. It seems every new quiz has one question which has a hidden answer...
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I wasn't able to find that answer at all. So now that's two quizzes I've messed up. I read other people found it, though. They have more patience than I do.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

The only advice I can give is don't skim any of the Subetapedia articles. Read them all in full.

But I can definitely understand reading them being frustrating, even if some of the questions weren't outright horrible (looking at you aquarium fish and Melody's home town), because I personally could not possibly care less about Subeta's location's histories and what-not. It all just comes off as a big random clusterfuck to me.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

This is the first time I didn't get them all on the first try and I swear the "right" answer was contradicted by the Subetapedia. Grr.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

New step is up... kind of a last-minute thing. The battle opponent is one we'd released before as part of the Centropolis Green Project thing, so if you unlocked him then, you won't get an event when you visit the ship's kitchen... he will automatically be in your opponents list. He has new loot. Have fun. :)
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Marah wrote: Will we be sailing into space?
Yep. We're gonna fly this boat to the moon somehow. Like Kevin Garnett, anything is possible. *cough* (Sorry. Had to. I am ashamed.)

Anyway, I managed to win that new loot and OMG adorable Chubsquee. I'm pulling out my secondary and even tertiary battle pets to get more.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Can't beat him, gonna get more free beer instead.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Woop. Cant beat him at all either.
Image Image
ImageImage