New plot: War of the Obelisk

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Faun

Re: *HINT HINT* New Plot?

Post by Faun »

I went with the Seekers :) They seemed the most like me, and I can Imagine my pets wanting to join them too.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Fury, we got a Neopedia article about Kanrik and the Thieves Guild yesterday, so I'm assuming they'll do one for each of the factions before the battling starts next week.

Edit: Yep. So far, we have:

Thieves Guild
The Sway
Order of the Red Erisim
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Hmm, I apparently got a gold Battledome trophy and 25k. Whoop.
Faun wrote:I went with the Seekers :) They seemed the most like me, and I can Imagine my pets wanting to join them too.
The Seekers are certainly the most like me, but they seem to be lacking in "cool" factor. I'm leaning towards the Order. We'll see.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I chose the Order. Jerdana is a member of the Order. That's cool, haven't heard her name in a while.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

The order does sound better after that article doesn't it. They are supposed to be good guys and we got some familiair names woven into their history.
I'm thinking maybe the seekers might have a reference to the lost isle plot?

I'm hoping the throwaway line about magic potions dissapearing into a pit in the ocean might lead to a small, fun addition to old Maraqua. Probably not, but it would be cool.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Hi, TNT! Will all the factions be doing the same thing (battling) for this plot, or will some factions (for instance, the Seekers) be solving puzzles and playing games instead of battling? Please remove my username. Thanks! ~username removed
This is a war, and all sides will be battling for the obelisk. Your experience will not be altered by your faction selection.
From the Neopian Times Editorial. Good to know!
Bif

Post by Bif »

Cranberry beat me too it!

But also:
Hi. I was wondering if, in the plot, Tyrannia was going to compete in the war? I ask because it seems kinda dumb that the obelisk appears in Tyrannia and they don't even care about it; they're just gonna let other people come and fight for it? Sorry if this sounded rude and thank you for reading. I hope you'll answer me, but I understand if you don't. I'm sure you get thousands of questions and can't answer 'em all. Bye! ~cinbin6
Who says they aren't just smart enough to stay away from it? As soon as it was unearthed, the digging crew immediately got as far away from it as they could.
I still can't decide between The Sway, The Order or The Seekers.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

EofS wrote:I'm slightly tempted by the Sway because they look morally complex and they're the sort of characters I enjoy watching in film/tv/theatre and, indeed, enjoy acting as.

But for personality, I'm absolutely amongst the Seekers (as, I imagine, are a lot of us here). It feels somehow immoral to join a group who I disagree with personally but find entertaining. Especially when the Seekers are so much closer to who I actually am.
I'm in the exact same position. The Seekers is definitely where I'd fall in reality (noble pursuit of knowledge in as unbiased a way as possible, information to serve the world, and preferably without having to do any lab/field work personally), but the Sway look fascinating.
Neopedia : The Sway
The Sway Known Members: None verified
Favourite colour: Black
Suspected Involvement: Every major event in Neopian history
Sounds cool to me! Secret societies and conspiracy theories. And I want crokabek messengers.

I really wish they had gotten all the Neopedia articles up before the weekend. Kinda a bummer, I want to read about the Seekers before I make a decision.

Also, I kinda want to change the title of this board now that the plot has more or less started. Is "Mysterious Obelisk" going to be name of the plot do you think? It's the name of the Neoboard, nothing else seems permanent enough to think of it as an official plot name. I just don't want to change titles multiple times - that's confusing.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

The Obelisk War, I think... that's what people have been calling it. TNT has War of the Obelisk at the top of the Thieves Guild Neopedia entry.
Fury

Post by Fury »

I'm also bummed they haven't released all of the Neopedia articles yet. I'm still deciding between Brute Squad and Seekers and would like to read a bit more about both before making my choice. I'm glad that the faction we choose won't influence the activties we get given - it sounds like this is going to be a very battledome-heavy plot - but I'm still hoping for there to be a small involvement of puzzles and problem solving. Just for diversity!

If the outcome of the war is decided on the efforts and numbers of the players per faction, I predict The Sway coming out on top. From what I've seen on the boards they are very popular!
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

The Neopedia article sold me on the Order, because hey, Jerdana's a bad bitch.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Well I joined the Thieves Guild, inevitably. I'd like a couple of puzzles to keep me amused but this looks like it could be a battler all the way.

I especially like the text after you've signed up on the Mysterious Obelisk page...

"Now that you've declared your allegiance, you notice the excavation is swarming with other factions. The coming battle is inevitable; the only question is when."

...directly below the countdown timer which tells you 'when' to the exact second :-P
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fury

Post by Fury »

Well they've released a Neopedia article for The Brute Squad:

http://www.neopets.com/neopedia.phtml?neopedia_id=288

It makes for incredibly underwhelming reading and has destroyed my interest in them entirely. Seekers it is!
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I joined the order, because I was afraid I was going to forget to join if I waited for the last articles. They are a nice fit for my rainbow lenny. So I'm excited!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: New plot: War of the Obelisk

Post by Wingsrising »

Here's the Seekers Neopedia article:

http://www.neopets.com/neopedia.phtml?neopedia_id=289

I think I'm going to go for the Order. Much as I love scholarly pursuits, they seem like they're cooler than the Seekers.