New plot: War of the Obelisk

Post anything new on Neopets here.
EofS

Re: New plot: War of the Obelisk

Post by EofS »

Fjorab_Teke wrote:It just occurred to me with the new setup, i wonder if it'll be easier or harder to use the Lab Ray Scientist to do gender-swaps on labbies now.
Considerably harder if your lab is on a side, as you can no longer battle on sides. Yeah. Rather an annoyance that one.
Fury

Post by Fury »

News!
Psst! Those who are gathered at the Mysterious Obelisk, take heed! Starting tonight at midnight NST, some tough new battlers will be joining in on the fight!
EofS

Post by EofS »

For people struggling with Fight all the Challengers - have you beaten them, or merely fought them? I read that you only needed to fight them, so thought it was a glitch that mine wasn't marked as complete. But once I finally managed to beat the Shady Prowler, I promptly had the achievement.

Given the trouble I'm having with easy on this wave, I dare say I won't be able to touch the next without bombs. Which is frustrating, as the old dome I could definitely take down opponents who had a bit higher HPs than me.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

EofS wrote: Given the trouble I'm having with easy on this wave, I dare say I won't be able to touch the next without bombs. Which is frustrating, as the old dome I could definitely take down opponents who had a bit higher HPs than me.
In the old dome, I managed to beat all of the challengers. When this new dome came out, I tried Chiazilla and the Snowager and couldn't beat them. My dual voidberry potions definitely aren't working like they used too.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I finally got the ALL the challengers acheivement, but I didn't do anything, I think at the next day it must have updated itself or something? My pet hasn't lost a battle yet so that wasn't it.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

And they're here. It's definitely the last wave (the fact that it's called "The Final Invasion" is sort of a dead giveaway) and you fight the leaders of the other factions. Difficulties are 225, 338, and 450.

They have MUCH better weapons than the previous round: so far Kanrick has whipped out Thyora's Tear, a Moheog Skull, a Rainbow Sticky Hand, and a few other weapons I wasn't paying attention to.

EDIT: Dammit, he just beat me. Meant to use a Lens Flare that last round. :-)
Madge

Post by Madge »

This sounds exciting! I'm going to spend some time tonight maxing out all my challengers. Do they say how long this wave will be around for?
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Not that I know of. I hope for a while, as I won't be maxing them out tonight because it's 2:30 am here and I need to go to bed. :-)

I didn't get the achievement for losing when I lost to Kanrick. I wonder if that means you can't get it anymore, or just that I have to lose to someone on that round, the round the achievement was for? I'd feel silly losing to one of them and then finding out I just can't get it anymore. :-)
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I lost to Kanrick on easy because of Lens Flare spamming.

That Lenny from the Sway is easy with Hanso's Charisma Charm.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

haha..225, these guys are hard.
Image Image
ImageImage
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Yeah, I have a RotL and I've been having good luck with the Sway boss as well.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Well I tested the water by fighting on Easy and found that too... easy! So I've racked up a few wins on Medium and have discovered I can beat the Awakened twins on Hard without too much trouble.

While this would certainly be my limit for Hard difficulty challengers I feel a bit sorry for the seasoned battlers out there who were hoping for a bit more. Although I have a feeling we'll be seeing a giant boss or something similar after this. I would've liked some puzzles thrown in but hey ho, I'm interested to see the conclusion to all this fighting!
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Im left wishing that I had trained my pet with faerie quests back in the early years of the site..as well as invested in getting a decent freezer..

Lannie and Lillie are giving me the most trouble, as is Lambert. Somehow I managed to squeeze by a win with the other three.
Image Image
ImageImage
Madge

Post by Madge »

Hey guys - one of the acheivements is apparently "gift an item to a member of the opposing team". I'm a member of the seekers, username Slowbro. Could someone on another team post their username so I can give them some junk?
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I think the Duchess is the easiest opponent for me (because of all the dark icons) followed by the twins. Professor Lambert and especially Commander Flint I have trouble with because of their full heals. I knocked them off once but I think I'm concentrating on the Duchess to fill my meter.

Anyone know what they mean by "Gift any item to a member of an opposing team." for the achievement? Give something to a user on another team? (And, argh, what's wrong with "give"???)

EDIT: Yep, that's what I thought. I'm bethanygryph and am in the Order. :-)