Tigrean Revamp (Completed May 31, 2013)

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Tigrean Revamp (Completed May 31, 2013)

Post by Wingsrising »

Mmm. I'm mostly worried what's going to happen to my Reborn and Glacier Tigreans, two pets I adore. I've had a number of pets "de-vamped" now and it's getting old.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I'm neutral on the revamp (don't really care for tigreans personally), but the angle of the bloodred's mouth is definitely off. The lower jaw should be at more of an angle - right now its as if the head were up straight while the rest of the head is implying an angle to the right. I'm surprised that wasn't caught sooner.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Dang, this is a fantastic revamp! The Tigrean looks so confident and powerful now, and the markings are truly gorgeous. Cream, Sun, Twilight, Marsh, Darkmatter . . . deciding to get just one will be hard. I'm thankful that the proposed revamp was touched up - no more Mr. Huge Nose!

I'm just so glad that the Tigrean didn't keep that stupid emo-flop that so many of Subeta's pets have! I really don't get the goddamn flop - what's wrong with a smooth-headed pet? (Looking at you, Torrey, Kumos, and Popoko.) If I want my pet to look like someone's emo little fursona then I'd commission an overlay.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

That face! ._.

There's a little face in the brow of the Tigrean and I can't not see it. I keep using that as my visual focal point instead of the actual eyes.

I don't have a lot of other commentary, the art is nice but I liked the old art too, and I'm not sure I like the new art as much.

And the Chibi screams "Simba!" to me despite vast differences in art style, and that makes me happy.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

A face with Aisha ears is how I keep seeing it. And just like you, Tiel, I cannot unsee it. -_-

And just like you, Seerow, I like the cream so much more than any of the other colorfills - and way, way more than common. One of my biggest complaints with the revamp was how in your face the stripes were, and while that was toned down some, it's only not an issue for me with cream. Marsh, twilight and dusk are better than the rest, for me, and for some reason, the extra stripes on nuclear make that one work for me a lot. I've never especially wanted to own a nuclear pet, but if I did, this one would be a strong contender.

I join the people saying bloodred's mouth is really . . . odd? The teeth seem very small to me, and the lack of upper incisors is freaking me out. When a dog or cat snarls, the thing you see most of all is its incisors, then the canines, then, if they've opened their mouth really wide (which they usually don't), the premolars and molars. Which is not to say that no cat or dog has ever snarled the way this one is in the history of the world, but, yeah.

I started zapping my old glacier Tigrean when the redraw was first proposed, because I didn't see any way I could be at peace with the eventual end, but if its eventual redo resembles the darkmatter more than the bloodred, in terms of fidelity to the original, I may change him back. Or I might go with darkmatter. The things that bugged me about the revamp (the stripes and extra fur and bone, and the omgwide cheeks) aren't obvious with that color. And I've always loved the pose. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I hadn't really noticed the forefoot, but now that it's been pointed out, yeah. From the location it should be resting on the ground, but it's clearly not -- there's no weight being put on it. The animal isn't walking, so it's like the paw is suspended there right above the ground for no apparent reason. It's not high enough that it's clear that it's deliberate... so the end result is that regardless of whether it's true or not, it looks to me like the artist MEANT to draw the foot resting on the ground, but messed up.

Maybe I'll go for a Reborn Kumos and a Glacier Irion if I don't like the revamps of those redraws?