Human avatars

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Human avatars

Post by Jessi »

I decided to go as Black Widow - specifically Iron Man 2 Black Widow - because I really fail at making HAs and at least this one was sort of fun (also I really wanted to use this hair. Unfortunately it put me into the CW queue but eh)

Image Image
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Finally I have entered. Spare me some pity votes, because I know I won't get many :p

ImageImage
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I went with 80's cartoon Rogue. Childhood nostalgia for the win!
At least I hope I did, the wardrobe has been having some problems with saving for me and after I got the 3,2,1 smile message my avatar was of a nude bambi only wearing her hair! After a refresh it was okay, but I can't check what I entered, right?

Edit: Like in this picture were my avatar is not shown wearing her red lips that were definitely added... sigh.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

From what I've read, Marah, you can re-enter any number of times before the deadline. So if it'd give you peace of mind, I'd say to submit it again. I still haven't entered anything so can't confirm or deny anything I say. :P
Subeta: Thomas
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Marah, this page shows you your entry—if it's wrong there, you can just go ahead and re-enter like Tom said (assuming you can get through while the site's being flaky). I love your avatar, by the way! Recognized Rogue instantly.
Marah

Post by Marah »

Handy link, I checked and I was indeed naked! I re-entered correctly, thanks guys!
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Here's my absolutely amazing entry; Ron Swanson from Parks & Recreation:
I had been kicking this idea about for a while (briefly changed to Psycho Mantis from MGS but swayed back the other way) and errr actually imagined site items, like a moustache, which actually look like the one he has in the show. And it kind of went downhill from there. There aren't any decent brown suits so I just kinda... rolled with it then. It took me a good 15 minutes.
Subeta: Thomas
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I haven't been here in a while and thought I should check out what NCers came up with so I could vote for them (yes, a bit late, I know). I'm not surprised that I already voted for a few of you not even knowing who you were, yay.

I'm mostly disappointed that I haven't seen/been able to vote for Joey's HA, because it's awesome (MM is my favorite Zelda game).
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Thanks Mellaka! MM is in my top three, along with WW and ALttP.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

You know, I'm really not sure when the last time was that I made an actual human as my avatar. I love these wings so much and didn't think I'd get them as I thought they were one of those stupidly expensive CWs. Luckily for me I found a great deal on them a couple days ago and finally had a chance to make something with them :)
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Marah

Post by Marah »

Those are some lovely wings. Nice background too!

PS that is a human avatar to you?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Hehe, I misunderstood, too. I think she means "and I am continuing the non-human trend with this one."

I love being able to find a dream CW for sale, especially for a good price. There are a couple that have come out that I've been willing to drop even 700 csc on, but I missed the initial limited releases. I loathe this elitist mindset.
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Hehe yeah, Ty is right! I just meant that I haven't made a human in a very long time and this is definitely not one of them!
I wish Subeta would release some more base changes and stuff like the Centaur hooves. There are some lovely CW mermaid tails and big cat bodies but those get so expensive. There are the feral accessory trunk items but most of those are so hard to work with and just don't fit right on the avatar. Though to be fair they would likely not be very popular :(

I kind of wish Subeta would have required all CWs to go into the Cash Shop personally. There are far to many that you just can't get or that cost upwards of 20k csc or more. Everything now a days seems to be super elite and only ever auctioned off one copy at a time. This option would not be very popular with the artists that do this though so will probably never happen.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Yeah, it turns out that letting people be hyper-elitist is a really good money maker. I can't blame Subeta for that, but geez, it feels bad from my point of view. Watching all these things be handed around between the same group of self-congratulating.... Anyway.
Image Image
Marah

Post by Marah »

I stopped paying attention to CW's. I saw some pretty ones on sale in the thrift shop (whatsitcalled again?) when they anounced that in the news, but mostly I had to wade through so many wigs that I decided I prefer going back to ignoring most of them :)

On the bright side, subeta redid it's own beach shop mermaid tails and they have become very pretty!