Achievements and Tales of Woe

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Re: Achievements and Tales of Woe

Post by bonecrivain »

Oooh, agreed! Both really nice name/color choices.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

You Won!

You have defeated General Error 5 times!

General Error drops:

Rapier of Error

Tome of Death

Ishka earned 1641 EXP Points!

You earned 42998 sP for beating General Error!

Yay :) I hadn't bothered trying against him for awhile since he usually killed me in a couple of hits, but I managed to get four more wins today to get the prize! I can probably squeeze out a few more wins but I think I'll try that later.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

My guess is many of us can say the same, since a bunch of us joined at the same time.

That's 5 loyalty boxes I have now that I need to figure out what to do with.... more pet slots one of these days, I suppose. I guess I have to use one before next year because I'm out of spaces to lock inventory items. :-)
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Your post reminded me to check my dashboard. I received my sixth and seventh year prizes. My name has changed from FeralKoala to Huggles(shock, horror), and I have a GA account again. I felt that if I used it for my pets, I'd never have a reason to poke around the site.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

The hustler quickly hands you the Bag of Kettle Corn and leads you out of the alley.
FINALLY. Been needing this friggin' thing for my gallery for aaaaaaaaaaages.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Finished stuffing stockings tonight! Hopefully I didn't miss anyone. :/
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Cool.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ishka isn't a Tier 12 pet yet but she's inching closer and today I made the biggest purchase of my Subeta life on a Manifesting Weapon for when she hits Tier 12. Hopefully it won't take too long to use it. Behold!

Edit:
Saggitarius is a pansy!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I went on a big book-reading binge for Duskfeather this weekend. (Thanks, Ty, for your help getting the Zombie Den books I needed!)

I don't know how many books I read but I know when I checked my "books read" page early in the process to see if a book had gone through properly I got the 550 books read achievement and when I checked later, I got the 650 books read achievement... I'm guessing it was at least 100 books.

One thing that made this sort of a pain is that SubetaLodge -- wonderful as its book list is for keeping track of this! -- no longer properly sorts books by the User Shop Price. Granted, I suspect this has something to do with the fact that Subeta no longer sorts things properly by User Shop Price either (in e.g. the Wishlist) so I suspect the whole User Shop Price calculation is just hosed. It makes it very hard to figure out which of all the books in Subeta I haven't read might still be reasonably cheap -- I have the sneaking suspicion there are still some inexpensive ones lurking in there somewhere. I've also been having trouble getting their mass add/update to work.

Now I just need to decide whether to use those extra Alchemy Points on a third Cobalt Eternal scroll or to save them up towards a Morosbane Scroll as a big bomb.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Did you try sorting the book list on subetalodge by rarity? Sometimes some of the newer books, which don't have anywhere near an accurate "user price" listed, have come down in cost because of their rarity. Likewise if you look at the holiday rarities, some of those are cheap because they were given out to everyone. It's been a problem for me, too, though, heh. If you want a project that spans several days, check every price individually. Crazy, I know, but... you'll find some!
Image Image
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Yeah, that's been one of the things I've tried -- looking for Melody items, free gifts, game prizes, sorting within shops by rarity. Pretty much everything I could think of but checking out all the prices individually. :-) Found a lot of cheap stuff that way, though.

Oh, in other news, I finally crossed 350 level and my training time has increased, so it's no longer on the same cycle as Random. Usually I did Random, Ice Field, and new training all at the same time, I'm vaguely annoyed now that they're no longer coordinated. :-)
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I have no achievements but just a general notice for some people: http://subeta.net/forums/view/928269

Islander and pirate points are now usuable again. Some old NC players should be happy yes?
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I hope so. ;) NC players were the reason I mentioned it 2 years ago (to be fair, this was sandwiched between a volley of other questions and suggestions) at the London meetup! So happy it's finally been resolved, even with no points to spend myself.
Subeta: Thomas
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I would like to state, for the record, that asking for Subeautique items for Item Hunter is BS.

I don't know if I've just been really lucky before now, but I hadn't gotten any Subeautique items in so long I had forgotten that was even an option. Then my last two runs have been stopped at a fairly low level by Subeautique items. :-(

I have to say I'm not sure I'm convinced by the new Saggi quests, either. I ended up quitting 7 of my 10 quests today (there was one of them I might have made a little money on, but I wasn't sure so I skipped it, the others were no-brainers). Saggi quests are a big source of income for me so I'm not really thrilled about the prospect of seriously reduced income from them.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Did all my Wizard quests as soon as I saw they were the Weekend Quest. I used a 1-week GA medal last Friday for the extra Saggi weekend quests and -- more importantly -- to use the autopricer to sell off some of the 9 pages worth of items I'd accumulated since the last time I used a 1-week GA medal while prices were inflated from Saggi quests. So I wanted to hurry up and do them before the GA ran out.

Then I went to do my Shinwa quests, which I've started up again recently to very lucrative results. Oops. Didn't think that one through.