Scheduled Downtime

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Scheduled Downtime

Post by Nogitsune »

I'm not sure how many people here look at the Facebook and Twitter page, and (of course) it's not in the news (because apparently they can't comprehend using the news section on a site for actual site-related news instead of social media):
SCHEDULED DOWNTIME, 03/11/15: Starting at 9PM TONIGHT through 11PM PST, Neopets.com will be offline for scheduled maintenance to address ongoing issues with site performance. We are listening and are so sorry for the inconvenience that this causes you and your fellow Neopians!

Please keep in mind that DOWNTIME is just a small portion of the larger solution that our tech team has in place to assure that these issues are resolved soon. While the site is offline, you can stay tuned to all the latest updates from TNT, here on Facebook or through our official Twitter! http://budurl.me/NeoTwitter031115
Sorry if this isn't quite the right place for this.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Kantark

Re: Scheduled Downtime

Post by Kantark »

Presumably another small part of the tech team's larger solution was laying off most of the tech team.

That's the second time they've used that 'you and your fellow Neopians' line - something about it seems a little ...off. That whole paragraph sounds a bit snarky - or am I being too oversensitive?

Wanna run a sweepstake on how long/if it comes back up?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I think the wording is weird because it is a new person... The news feels "off" to me too, and I'm betting it is because I've read the same person's news style for many years and any change is noticeable.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Well needless to say it did come back up and this morning it's absolutely flying like a rocket! Did they fix it, or is it just because there are next-to-no users online at the moment?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark