Insert Poogle Day Colour Here

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Insert Poogle Day Colour Here

Post by Nogitsune »

Really, Jumpstart? Another pet day with no new colours?

For those interested, the Poogle do not come in:

1] Biscuit
2] Chocolate
3] Custard
4] Elderlyboy
5] Elderlygirl
6] Ice
7] Maractite
8] Pastel
9] Polka Dot
10] Sponge
11] Stealthy
12] Water
13] Woodland
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Runic

Re: Insert Poogle Day Colour Here

Post by Runic »

I guess those are all difficult colours? xD

I mean, maybe in hindsight, this could be a good thing. After all, I highly doubt the artist responsible for the Transparent Peophin debacle was let back into the office.
It is a disappointment that the new art team doesn't appear to be capable of filling the quota with acceptable art in a short amount time. In fact, it's a disgrace and a disservice to paying customers; the old team never, as far as I can recall, NEVER gave an I.O.U. excuse for a pet day.

But I suppose if it means giving the artists more time to make acceptable pet art, then perhaps the I.O.U. slip is fine at this point.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Runic wrote:I guess those are all difficult colours? xD

I mean, maybe in hindsight, this could be a good thing. After all, I highly doubt the artist responsible for the Transparent Peophin debacle was let back into the office.
It is a disappointment that the new art team doesn't appear to be capable of filling the quota with acceptable art in a short amount time. In fact, it's a disgrace and a disservice to paying customers; the old team never, as far as I can recall, NEVER gave an I.O.U. excuse for a pet day.

But I suppose if it means giving the artists more time to make acceptable pet art, then perhaps the I.O.U. slip is fine at this point.
Increasingly I'm wishing someone that cares and isn't afraid to communicate would buy the site. We should have known we were in trouble when they not only laid off all the old staff but couldn't be bothered to tell us what was happening when news didn't appear like usual.
Madge

Post by Madge »

It's really depressing. It's not like these pet days are SURPRISES or anything. Hell, if they didn't have pastel, they could release a "taupe" paint brush or something and just two two colourfills because they SURELY have the raw files.

I agree, I wish some millionaire who happens to play neopets will do a hostile takeover somehow and bring back the heart of the site.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Madge wrote:It's really depressing. It's not like these pet days are SURPRISES or anything. Hell, if they didn't have pastel, they could release a "taupe" paint brush or something and just two two colourfills because they SURELY have the raw files.

I agree, I wish some millionaire who happens to play neopets will do a hostile takeover somehow and bring back the heart of the site.
Or if somehow we fans could do it. The problems would be gathering enough money together to do it and figuring out how to work with the staff and site.
Runic

Post by Runic »

If all the Neo fansites, like Neocolours, JN and the NT Writers Forum--heck, maybe even Leopets, could buy the site from JS, then combine their talents into making a Neopets 2.0, I could see it being successful.

I think I remember an article somewhere stating that JS probably didn't really pay a lot Viacom to buy the site. JS/Knowledge Adventures isn't doing so well overall. Here, check out some intriguing former employee reviews for the company: http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Knowle ... 260544.htm

There are many consistent problems being reported by each review.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I remember I did a back of the envelope calculation and you'd need some quite honestly ridiculous number of people putting in like $100 each to be able to think about buying the site.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Madge wrote:I remember I did a back of the envelope calculation and you'd need some quite honestly ridiculous number of people putting in like $100 each to be able to think about buying the site.
Oh, I'm well aware of it. The site is worth quite a lot, but I wonder how long it will stay that way if Jumpstart keeps this up. Whatever their president might say, they'd be able to make a lot more money from pay to play stuff and shutting down the free to play site would be a good step towards that.
Runic

Post by Runic »

If Neo went Pay to Play, I'd quit. Neo's not at a stable point where being Pay to Play would work. The content the team currently delivers is not worth whatever Premium costs, let alone whatever amount it would cost to pay a subscription in order to play Neo.

I will always stand by my hypothesis that the mobile and app games market will crash at some point. It'll be the Crash of '83 all over again.
storymakerechidna

Post by storymakerechidna »

I definitely agree Pay to Play wouldn't work for Neopets unless the content was thousands of times better.

And yeah...I'm no expert on these things, but because of my extreme childhood attachment to JumpStart games, I've been keeping tabs on the company for quite a while, and it's clear to me that they aren't what they used to be. They started a new educational massively multiplayer online game in 2008 that seemed to be popular for a while, and I remember they got tons of comments on Facebook and their blog, but now they get like...none. It doesn't make me optimistic that they can turn Neopets around either, to say the least. I'll still keep hoping that something changes.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

storymakerechidna wrote:I definitely agree Pay to Play wouldn't work for Neopets unless the content was thousands of times better.

And yeah...I'm no expert on these things, but because of my extreme childhood attachment to JumpStart games, I've been keeping tabs on the company for quite a while, and it's clear to me that they aren't what they used to be. They started a new educational massively multiplayer online game in 2008 that seemed to be popular for a while, and I remember they got tons of comments on Facebook and their blog, but now they get like...none. It doesn't make me optimistic that they can turn Neopets around either, to say the least. I'll still keep hoping that something changes.
I suppose the irony would be that if they wreck Neopets badly enough, the value will go down to a point where it may actually be feasible for various fans to buy it out.
storymakerechidna

Post by storymakerechidna »

LOL, yeah good point.
Runic

Post by Runic »

Well, if JS/Knowledge Adventures ever reaches the point of having to declare bankruptcy, it would be interesting to see how their IPs would get sold off.
Neopets could very well be devalued enough to be purchasable by fans. But wouldn't all the content currently on the site technically not come with the license and domain name? I guess that'd be more of a fine print kind of thing to read, whether or not all of the files would be sold with everything else.