8-bit Cybunny and Water Meerca

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

8-bit Cybunny and Water Meerca

Post by Nogitsune »

Image "All you do is hit up, up, left, right, right, right, down..."
Image "My rapid moves are becoming literal!"

Larger:

ImageImage
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
greeneggsandgraham

Re: 8-bit Cybunny and Water Meerca

Post by greeneggsandgraham »

That one bit of missing pixel on the Cybunny's right (our left) leg is really REALLY bothering me. I guess it looks nice, but like... where is the light source coming from?

Water is fabulous. I kind of wish they'd go for some green hues in the water, but this is so much better than the water Peophin, which was outright sad.
I can't figure out how to post my banner, so just imagine it here. <3 Much love!
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

8-Bit Cybunny: This is super cute! I can actually picture this hopping around in a video game. It also seems to follow the color restraints pretty well. Though I do agree with greeneggsandgraham - the light source is really unclear. I think it's coming from the right and the other shading's supposed to give depth, but it's really not needed.

Water Meerca: I love the rushing water texture here, a very nice touch that gives a lot of movement. I feel like the body could have done with some more transparency or some really strong highlights to give a better sense of depth, but it's not that big of a deal. Well done overall.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

That 8-bit cybunny is adorable. They're doing a great job with the 8-bit pets at the moment!
storymakerechidna

Post by storymakerechidna »

The Cybunny is too cute! <3 The Meerca's waves are nice and dynamic-looking, it's a great effect (though I can't say I'm a big fan of its feet or hands).