Alola forms

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Alola forms

Post by Nogitsune »

Though technically part of the Sun and Moon edition, I think that the Alola forms are distinct enough that they deserve their own thread. Is anyone interested in discussing them?
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Re: Alola forms

Post by Jazzy »

When I heard about Alola forms, I assumed they were something like Unown forms - ie, the same Pokemon in lots of different shapes. I really like this idea of different Pokemon types influenced by the environment they're in, and the Alola Ninetales is beautiful.

(I presume everyone else here collected every single Unown too :P)
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Jazzy wrote:When I heard about Alola forms, I assumed they were something like Unown forms - ie, the same Pokemon in lots of different shapes. I really like this idea of different Pokemon types influenced by the environment they're in, and the Alola Ninetales is beautiful.

(I presume everyone else here collected every single Unown too :P)
I like it too, and I hope they might do it with more than just the first generation pokemon. It would be cool, though, if they made the regular Ninetails a Fire/Fairy type.

I keep track of them on Bulbapedia.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

My favorites are the ones where they do something really different with the designs that fit what they're going for - Exeggutor, Sandshrew/Sandslash, Raichu, ect. Though with some of them they feel a bit too much like shinies - the Aloan Meowth, for example, is really just a grey Meowth with slightly curved whiskers. I don't know, I just feel like they could have done more, like give the coin a different symbol or give it longer whiskers or something.