Update: I'm unfrozen, tips on how to protect your account

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Usul_Princess

Update: I'm unfrozen, tips on how to protect your account

Post by Usul_Princess »

:D !!!

I was unfrozen yesterday! Some rando from Australia gifted them away, and attempted to trade my Neocash items. They locked down my PIN to a random number so I couldn't move anything. I took a screen shot of the email address, and neomails for furture reference. Everything is all full circle.

I wrote a ridiculously long ticket request out into the abyss for my side account. It's actively being working on, but.....After 8 pages of detail (including myPayPal transaction for Neocash, Caleroth and Coralane are still iced. I'm actually more sad than upset. They were the last remainder of my Neopets moniker. I don't know if people still post to this board, but it's pretty much my farewell too. I loved those pixels.
Last edited by Usul_Princess on 18 Apr 2019 03:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Madge

Re: Hacked for the 3rd time.....They took my Usukis

Post by Madge »

:( I'm sorry. It sucks. I'm sorry they're not unfreezing you. All that work gone... but you'll always have those wonderful memories and the friends you made along the way :). We've got a tiny, invisible facebook group if you want to be added to that.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Awww, I hope they manage to do something about it...that's a horrible way for things to end.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Aw, thanks guys. I'd be interested in that FB group if you can PM me. I thought about writing another ticket since the same guy unfroze me in 2016. My main issue with this merry-go-round is that I can't (really) protect my account from a breach. Part of me is considering taking all my accounts out to prevent privacy breaches. I'm annoyed, but they really are working on my ticket. Makes it easier now that I have a real life.
ImageImage

Usul_Princess

Re: Update: OMG OMG I'm unfrozen!

Post by Usul_Princess »

Apology for the double post, but how to protect your current unfrozen account, and what TNT wants.

1. Include the user name you are inquiring about.

2. Any and all emails from the account in question. The original email and any changes you recall.

3. The registered date of birth

*4. NC purchasing history (if applicable)

**5. Identify where the account was created. If in the US, list the city and state. If outside the US, provide the city and country.

6. Previous Passwords don't matter

*I highly recommend taking screenshots of your Neocash transaction history. If you've never spent any Neocash, take pics inside your SDB.

**PLEASE take a screenshot of your profile information. This was the most important key into identifying whether it was me or not. Take care everyone.

***It helps to take pictures of Neomail exchanges that went on without your consent. This way you can hunt down usernames.
ImageImage

Madge

Re: Update: I'm unfrozen, tips on how to protect your account

Post by Madge »

that's so good! I'm so happy for you. Did you lose much?

(i sent you a PM with the facebook group btw)
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Madge wrote: 19 Apr 2019 12:36 am Did you lose much?
Just the HTML codes. I can't be bothered to replace them.
One of my very old Neocash backgrounds was traded off to another recently unfrozen user, and the Usuki background/Collectors doll were back in my inventory the same day. I would say the most frustrating part about a hacked account is that the PINs are "dead". They can be reformatted to a new random number, and you can't really "break into" your account while this is happening. They can take *everything* now.

I have no idea if they will restore NP if they drain your bank.

Whoever did this was a complete ass, randomly trading and giving my pets away. That person has now started a new chain reaction of other frozen accounts trying to get their traded pets/items back.
I wish there was a user lookup code where you can't see UCs.
ImageImage

Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I'm glad your account's unfrozen! Thank you for the tips - unfortunately I think they're going to come in handy...I checked the side I use less often today, and lo and behold it's frozen for my protection. All the pets are still there, though, according to their petpages. I'm guessing someone broke in but somehow didn't have the PIN. I think this is the first time I've ever been frozen in 18 years, unless I'm mistaken.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I got my account back today, fully intact! I presume someone got in by doing something like a cookiegrabber for the login but couldn't do anything due to my PIN settings, as I can't otherwise work out why they wouldn't have touched anything in there. I posted on the Highway To Help board and got a resolution the same day.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

OK this is exciting, I managed to log back into NC a while ago, then I couldn't, now I can. Jazzy, if you saw my message and fixed it -- thank you!! AWESOME news about your account. I also lost access to some sides that got iced for my protection & got help from that HTH thread -- got all the pets back save one (a common english RW; all things considered, I'd rather keep my UCs so I'm ok with it!)

I'm putting PINs on everything, but what gives me the creeps is that there isn't a PIN for using MPs or TPs on pets... is there? So someone could get in, be unable to take things, then just GUP your pets out of spite.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Madge

Post by Madge »

While we're on accounts being frozen an stolen and stuff - I just got an email from one of my accounts about a neolodge checkout (from a pet name I don't recognise). I think this means I might be able to get into my account after all - but neopets seems to be down? I can't load the webpage?

EDIT: for some reason neopets doesn't load on my VPN, so I've turned off the VPN and changed my password back!! I HAVE AN ACCOUNT AGAIN, WHAT.
Madge

Post by Madge »

one of my pets got gifted (traded, really - for the pet whose name I don't recognise). It was a very precious pet to me so hopefully I can get it back - it seems like a decent user who was online recently and was like "what you are giving me this pet i am not worthy" so maybe after reading my sob story they'll give him back? I hope so.

I don't know what to do now I have an account again lol.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Congrats to everyone on your accounts! Yeah, there isn't really any protection against GUPing though I've heard Support can revert pets back in those situations depending on whom you get.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Hello friends, yes I'm here to resurrect a year old thread because I guess the forums aren't what they used to be and this is one of the most recent discussions. xD

But reading through this made me understand so much of what must have been happening in all these years since I was last active. I think people got into my accounts because I had a lot of UCs (and I'm crying at the thought of not being able to recover them - again - if anyone remember my ordeal in 2007 when I had to deal with a hacked account)

I'm mostly trying to return out of nostalgia and because I heard they were updating Neopets to mobile and it piqued my curiosity. I did manage to unlock one of my 5 accounts, luckily I still had the email tied to it. It looks like 3 others are frozen/locked down, and one other is available but doesn't seem to be tied to my email.

I sent a very long message to support in the hopes that they can help me try to get anything back. At this point I'm most upset about my original pet - Zhale the shoyru, who I created back in 2000 and who was my most important pet for sentimental reasons. :( He's on some random account and he's a mutant gelert or something now, but it's definitely him. Sent a message to the owner in the slim hope they'd be willing to trade or something.

Anyways, this is my random story of coming back again and this seemed a fitting topic haha.
Image Image
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Ahh, welcome back! If you haven't already, make sure you post your support ticket number on the Highway to Help board as that is definitely the fastest way to get access back. How have you been? Done anything exciting in the meantime?