Jubjub re-vamp

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Riss

Post by Riss »

I personally think it's absoloutely perfect and they couldn't have done any better. It's exactly how I think Jubjubs should look, so I'm really happy. ^_^

Now I just have to wait for my Strawberry Jubjub to be updated.
"Love is the fire of life, it either consumes or purifies."
Strawberry Limeade

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

I like it tons better as long as they don't go screwing around with any of the good redraws, specifically grey.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

oh my goodness. I've always hated jubjubs, but Lina and I went to NP to read the news and SQUEALED when we saw this.

I don't think it's creepy at all. I think its ADORABLE.

Seriously. It's INCREDIBLY cute. I don't want to run out and get one right now or anything, but at least if the lab gave me one, I wouldn't cry. It's so fluffy! I agree, it has a bit of an animeish/video game tone to it. It's just adorable. I want to fluff it ;_;
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

I'm rather torn on my impression on this.

On the one hand, it is drastically better, and rather cute. But the more I look at it the more I'm overcome with this unsettling feeling. It's very much more humanoid looking, especially with the shading that almost defines a 'nose' between the eyes. The way the hair flips down at the sides also looks too human of a hairstyle. They no longer give the impression of a little fluffy-ball creature so much as the head of something else. If you erase the feet, it looks like it could be the head of some furry humanoid creature.

Eh...I'm undecided. At least I don't own any or have any particular fondness for them, so it doesn't affect me too much. There's just something creepy about them, but not in the good meepity way.

Just comparing the two images, there's such a distinct difference in the personality and overall impression of the pet:
ImageImage

EDIT: Dear god the 'photo of me' is creepy as hell o_o

The eyes!
Image Image
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

I agree with Mistress Morbid. Something seems to have left the Jubjub, in its revamp. I cant tell, what, exactly.. : | hmm..
Nothing To See Here
Cat

Post by Cat »

I'm really starting to think I need to check my eyesight, since yet again I'm not seeing any drastic personality change (just a much-needed art update) in a revamp... yet with nearly every pet revamp, someone gets up in arms about how incredibly different they look. ;)

Maybe I'm just... indifferent?

Either way:

HUGE improvement on the art and emotion. The eyes have great color, the fur has nice texture, and the feet actually *attach*. Holy crap.

The revamp is so great, I'm thinking of getting a Jubjub now. After 5 freaking years of hating them, some artist has changed my mind.

*sends them e-cookies* :P
klaatu99

Post by klaatu99 »

Just to throw my two coppers in. I like the revamp. Before, when I got a jubjub as a result of the lab ray, I cursed it every day hoping to zap it out. Now at least they're cute and not quite as hiddious looking.
Mistress Morbid

This is kind of what I see in regards to the humanish look:

The face fits a cartoon kid too well. I think it has something to do with the shape of the eyes and how they have the almond-ish shape, and the hint of eyelids or being sunken in. If the eyes were perfectly round like normal on jubjubs, it probably wouldn't be nearly so eerie.
Last edited by Mistress Morbid on 06 Jun 2006 05:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Hehehe. Still looks like a squishy troll head to me.
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

Mistress Morbid wrote:This is kind of what I see in regards to the humanish look:
OMGWTFBBQKILLWITHFIREDONOTWAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!!!

@_@..

Edit:..LOL..x3 It so DOES look like a troll. Someone add a naked body to it., with a belly bottom jewel.
Nothing To See Here
Mistress Morbid

If someone could edit the eyes so that they were perfect spheres I bet it would look more jubjub-ish...if anyone's bored. x)

((and I ditto the creepyness XD))
Image Image
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I'm not sure I like it, but I know I don't hate it.

MM's edit made me 'wtf' really loud though :P
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I like. :D Though it seems a little anime-ish, the eyes mostly.

It reminds me a little of Kirby, especially close attack. XD

I don't think the face looks that human.. I think it's the eyebrows that would make it seem that way though..
Fabled

Post by Fabled »

I love it! I've been fond of the Jubjubs for ages but not enough to create one. I couldn't get over how they looked. I had brief moments of hope when the Tyrannian Jubjub came out but this... so happy! YAY!

I can have my goblin pet now!
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

I like it a lot -- not because it's cute but because it's creepy. I mean, what other pet (besides the terrifying chias) are creepy even without redraws? Awesome. Makes me want to get a jubjub and make it a hypnotist. Hmm...