Do we have a policy about cross-posint between forums?

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Do we have a policy about cross-posint between forums?

Post by Wingsrising »

Just a random question. I've seen a couple of cases recently where the same user (apparently) has started the same thread with the same post both here and on PPT.

I'm curious: is this something we're supposed to do? Or, don't we care?
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

I don't think it should matter if you want the opinions of 2 communities on the same subject. If it was bitching about an event on one forum on the other, that's not good. If you ask me, just posting the same thing in both places is fine.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

As long as it's the same user and not a Chris type issue (I think it was Chris with the plagiarizing news thing. The trolls are blending in my mind,) then I don't see a problem with it. Though I've noticed that the general etiquette has the person mentioning they're crossposting, but it's never bothered me either way.

I'd like to know more about what kind of posts, but I think it's ok.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I tend to prefer it that the person says "crossposted to PPT" or something like that so that we avoid a situation where we can't tell if a cross-post is plagiarised (like Chris used to do) or just a repost. While sometimes it's obvious that the two posts are by the same person, people do have different usernames on different forums, or on lj.