Pet Logging?

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Illuen

Pet Logging?

Post by Illuen »

Hey, I am not sure completely how you would go about doing this, but it was just a thought that went into my head. I really like looking at statistics and such, and I know some other people do here too, and I was wondering, would ist be possible, to, when rating pets or whatever, check a box if we have that pet, with the possibility of putting in a name if we so choose? I just think it would be a fun, interesting way to keep track of things, and it would also might help people when they went to decide upon a pet.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Joeno

Post by Joeno »

And what if the pet was changed through the labray/Boochi/Fountain Faerie event/something else?

I've been considering some ways of logging such statistics, but I've got the feeling this method could meet with some practical problems. Automatic ways might be somewhat more reliable.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Well, IMHO, I would never log a pet I was labbing, as that is overkill. As to the boochi, fountian Faerie, ect... perhaps give the chance to uncheck it and change it? I dunno. *shrinks into nothingness*
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Joeno

Post by Joeno »

That might work, but it's rather tricky.

If I were to implement such a thing, I'd prefer to just have a separate page for it, rather than a checkbox on the rating page. But in whatever case, it'll need some thought before I can give it a proper implementation (and suggestions for that are always welcome!)
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I don't know anything about coding, but is it possible to work out what colour a pet is by the "http://www.neopets.com/search.phtml?sel ... string=pet name" page by using the source code in that page?
Joeno

Post by Joeno »

Yes. That's the 'automatic checking' I was referring to. With user lookup customizations and so on, however, I suspect that that might take some more time to figure such things out, and I haven't had too much time to do programming (nor been feeling like it, to be honest).