I miss the frontpage :(

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

To quote BTVS:
Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes
They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses
And what's with all the carrots
What do they need such good eyesite for anyway?
Bunnies, bunnies
It must be bunnies

Or maybe midgets

I think that the front page is a moot point ATM. We have plenty of other places we can check for colors, and it isn't as if Jassy decided one day that it was ugly, and zapped it. She had no control over it, and I have every confidence that she will fix it as soon as she has the time.

Now, to the more serious matter of the pending bunny invasion....
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Image Image Image

I refuse to add text to this post, it's self explanatory.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
covet

Post by covet »

How about a <i>kitty?</i>
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Bunnies aren't always cute, as Anya has so wisely enlighten us too. We have to watch out for them, with their big nasty pointy teeth. **shifty eyes**
I think a kitty would be nice, I like kitties. Or maybe a harmless cuttlefish..we all know they are beyond cute and more cuddley then a bunny.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Hey! Less of the bunny hate! Kitties are far far more evil than poor innocent bunnies.
Neopets wishlists: here
Madge

Post by Madge »

But bunnies in Australia compete with native wildlife, and are in fact quite unbelievably populous in places.

IF YOU LIKE AUSTRALIAN ANIMALS YOU WILL HATE RABBITS.

(seriously, we have rabbits living in the sand dunes near the beach in the middle of suburbia of all places. rabbits make me angry. grrr!!!)
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

Proposition: bunnies are cute because they are evil

Fact: Not having a front page is kind of evil

Conclusion: Bunnies are a perfect front page substitute. Blame the bunnies!

(I had a bunny as a child. He was a good sort of fellow.)
covet

Post by covet »

<i>IF YOU LIKE AUSTRALIAN ANIMALS YOU WILL HATE RABBITS. </i>

LIES. I HAVE WATCHED 'DOT AND THE BUNNY'.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Madge

Post by Madge »

DOT AND THE BUNNY WAS PROPAGANDA BROUGHT UPON YOU BY "THE ESTABLISHMENT"

I believe this review from IMDB summarises it well, EMPHASIS MINE.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087170/ wrote:As satirized in a reasonably good episode of "the Simpsons", back in the 80's, *EVERYTHING* from Australia was inherently cool.

With the notable exception of the "Dot and (enter name of one of Dot's animal buddies here)" movies.

They used to show these on the Disney Channel all the time. I've seen bits and pieces of the approximately 912 episodes in the series, but until today, I never sat down and watched one all the way through. Having finally done so, I can understand why.

The plot of every Dot movie is essentially the same. Dot wanders off alone into the Outback, she befriends an endangered indigenous animal, they have various adventures as Dot tries to rescue her new friend. I remember some of the movies as more surreal than others. In the one where she meets some insects, she can shrink. In the one where she meets a dolphin, she can hold her breath for hours. And in one otherwise routine entry, Dot is the only human in a world where anthropomorphic animals like pigs and dogs are about to bulldoze a forest where some *wild* (non-Furry) animals live.

"Dot and the Bunny" is a little off as well, but in a more subversive way. The animal friend in question is not endangered. Quite the opposite. The gruesome fact is, so I've heard, that the rabbits that accidentally ended up in the Australian Outback have essentially mutated into fuzzy long-eared locusts. They are such a menace that they are immediately terminated on sight.

Strange, then, that Dot would befriend one. I almost want to see a sequel in which Funny Bunny invites his friends to party at Dot's home, resulting in the entire neighborhood getting eaten alive. Bwahaha!
In all seriousness, the "furry locusts" analogy is incredibly accurate.

My childhood up until age 10 consisted of often going on rabbit hunts at my grandma's farm. I used to use the spotlight because I had the best sight. I still remember helping carry the rabbit corpses into the ute ("pickup truck"), and after the hunts me and Dad used to gut them together on the verandah and he'd give me their hearts to feed to the dogs, while the meat would go into a rabbit stew. It sounds very callous but it was a part of life; feral rabbits are a big problem here, and it is only through human stupidity that they are here.

I mean, seriously; many species of native rodent have been out-competed by rabbits. And of course deforestation isn't helping anything either.

[/environmentalist rant]
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Madge wrote:he'd give me their hearts to feed to the dogs
[/environmentalist rant]
This bit made me laugh out loud and I don't know why.
Image Image Image
Birdii

Post by Birdii »

Merry x-mass people who celebrate it x33 erm, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Bunnys are to ebil indeed *nods* Ok so I love australia sue me! **dreams to live there**

I think cowfish or maybe a *budgie? EVERYBODY loves a talking bird.

cowfish
A completely HARMLESS figurene of a cowfish x33 cause google's image are shitacki and im too lazzy to go to another search engine.

Ok and now that I have a bit of engergy *had starbucks*

heres to budgies*

adorable x3

Sleeping ;o

(I got those ones of yahoo none of them are mine... untill I go kidnap them tomarrow)

Ok back on topic x33 I misss the front page. Now I have to go to jellyneo and use their petposer and its only one pet at a time which anoyys me. *sniff* ITS NOT XMAS WITHOUT THE FRONT PAGE FOR PETES SAKE!

Happy now? I edited :D Sorry I didnt expect anybody here to know what a budgie is if I just called them that x33 Not many people know their birds.
Last edited by Birdii on 25 Dec 2006 05:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Donate to help Yarn live on/size]
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Birdii wrote:A very cute parakeet (budgie)

And heres to more parakeets!
*twitch* If you know that it is a budgie, why on earth would you continue calling them parakeets?

Only Americans call budgies parakeets, and then it is only by the uneducated population. If you've been on the internet at all, I suspect you've discovered this. No need to assume that the people here will only know them as parakeets, you could get away with calling them parakeets only once and the only thing that would happen is that others would be more enlightened.

"Parakeets" is a very broad term that can refer to a huge variety of different parrots from Australia, South America, even Asia and Africa. North America even had its own Carolina Parakeet until they were hunted to extinction. A parakeet is a slender parrot with a long tapering tail, usually refering to small birds, but I've seen people classify macaws as parakeets, due to the body structure. Americans alone use the term for the Australian budgerigar.

You almost sound intelligent about birds, but the instant you used the term parakeet you lost all my respect. Please tell me I'm only repeating information you already knew and that you aren't going to go "kidnap" some birds tomorrow without knowing anything about what you are getting into.

With that rant done, can you edit your post so the links are embedded in text so they don't stretch the page? Not everyone uses large resolutions and most major browsers don't currently support long line wrapping.

I have no comment as to the cutest animal, as I'm obviously going to be biased toward the birdies. ;)
Birdii

Post by Birdii »

Ok your post was a bit unessary and rude. I edited my post to make you happy but you had no means to go and call me an unedjucated american. Im sorry I didnt go and find the biggest, smartest words for my post. If it upsets you so much I'll delete it.

Also I would like to add I know PLENTY about parakeets and find it a bit disturbing that you made the accusation of me being an unedjucated american. You don't need to be a straight A student to be intelligent. My sister didnt go to college and she is plenty edjucated, I am only in 8th grade and Im far away from straight A's but I probally still know stuff you can remeber.
Donate to help Yarn live on/size]
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Birdii wrote: Also I would like to add I know PLENTY about parakeets and find it a bit disturbing that you made the accusation of me being an unedjucated american.
I find it a bit disturbing you're whining about being called 'uneducated' but can't seem to use a spellchecker...

Tiel wasn't being rude. She was simply pointing out that budgies and parakeets are NOT the same thing, that parakeets is a very broad term for a large group of birds and budgies are very specific, and if you know that, you should refer to them by the proper name. She didn't do anything 'rude'.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I wrote:Only Americans call budgies parakeets, and then it is only by the uneducated population. If you've been on the internet at all, I suspect you've discovered this. No need to assume that the people here will only know them as parakeets, you could get away with calling them parakeets only once and the only thing that would happen is that others would be more enlightened.

Emphasis added.
You know they are budgies, therefore I find it insulting that you assume the rest of us would only know them as parakeets and "talk down" by calling them parakeets, rather than their proper name of budgerigars.

I'm very glad to know that you know about "parakeets", but it makes me die a little inside every time you choose to use the ignorant term.
Last edited by thelonetiel on 25 Dec 2006 06:42 am, edited 1 time in total.