Christmas Ogrin

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
adi_gallia

Christmas Ogrin

Post by adi_gallia »

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Bleh, when I first saw it on JellyNeo I thought it was Island and then I remembered there was already one. I think it looks ok, maybe the brown is a little dark but I don't think it's that bad, shame it's just a colour fill.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

That is very island-y indeed. The red and white striped bandage is cute, but other than that, I can't help but think that TNT hates the Ogrin and wants us to hate it, too. Poor pet. Pitiful color.
Image Image
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

A color refill with baubles on it, gosh xD Perhaps the brown is too light for that dark green, and the tan colours doesn't fits with the dark green too... :( Perhaps a Fir Green would be best for that dark one, or perhaps they should be dressed the pet with more things, but meh, TNT is lazy or busy on their own holidays business, and I guess the artists just remembered Ogrin's day yesterday and all of sudden they came with those two "refills" (speaking also about the starry ogrin). Geez... I'm dissapointed... 365 days only to see this... At least I will have my free training for the day, lol.
ImageImageImage
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

It's not all that bad really. That could be because I'm quite fond of the Island color scheme, or maybe because I was expecting it to be completely covered in red and white stripes and nothing else. Kind of like the eyrie's ruff, only all over. Ogrins are still fugly as hell and should have been terminated before any were born though.
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

Huggles wrote:It's not all that bad really. That could be because I'm quite fond of the Island color scheme, or maybe because I was expecting it to be completely covered in red and white stripes and nothing else. Kind of like the eyrie's ruff, only all over. Ogrins are still fugly as hell and should have been terminated before any were born though.
I guess they have enough with the hate and ostracism where they are sunken into :( Anyway, if they disappear, I want a spider neopet as a compensation, lol.
ImageImageImage
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Huggles wrote:It's not all that bad really. That could be because I'm quite fond of the Island color scheme, or maybe because I was expecting it to be completely covered in red and white stripes and nothing else. Kind of like the eyrie's ruff, only all over. Ogrins are still fugly as hell and should have been terminated before any were born though.
*points up* What Huggles said.

However, as they are unlikely to be completely exterminated from the face of the earth, I suppose this is miles better than it could have been.

Which is cold comfort indeed - but as it's an Ogrin it's not likely to get any better. And Lord knows it's better than starry. . .
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
TCD

Post by TCD »

Not bad, not bad. Certainly different from a few Christmas pets.

Oh how though, do I want a real redraw. Like Darigan, or Maraquan.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

it does remind me a little of a palm tree with the mane resembling plam leaves. I would have liked to see a Faerie version, but TNT would probably screw that up too and just add some wings to the back.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Even if they'd just put a red/white hat on the poor bugger it would've looked substantially more Christmassy than this. I'm not overkeen on Ogrins but they do deserve better.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Another day, another crappy bunch of ogrin colors. Poor thing.

Or, I'd say that if the pet wasn't so ugly in the first place. It needs to be put out of its misery.

On a side note, I too thought this was island at first. It doesn't look very Christmasy to me, which probably works okay for the ogrin, really. They really could have done something gaudy and horrid otherwise.
gidget

Post by gidget »

I actually think this is nice. Ogrin have grown on me some over the last year, and, while they aren't in my top ten pets, they are no longer in my bottom ten either.

As for the colour, Christmas pets can be hella gaudy. This one avoids that trap and is actually one of the more understated ones. I think the brown and green Christmas tree colours work well on the Ogrin and I'm glad to see another pet get the tiny Christmas baubles treatment.

Compared to the Chrismas Ruki, this is a 10.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I like the understated look as well - it's not particularly xmassy but the colour scheme is very pleasing to look at. Which is more that can be said for tomorrow's probable advent item (according to jellyneo):

Image :?

And don't you see, if we wait another year for a redraw (what's two years compared to infinity really?) it will be extra special and meaningful... yeah.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

Baubles: They look very cheesy.

Colours: I think the actual colours, the brown and the green, are beautiful. It looks natural and foresty. I wish they weren't spoiles by those decorations in the ruff. If there was a way to have this colour scheme without the decorations, it would have been awesome.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ewww. Just ewww.

It's not Christams. It reminds me of the people who leave their Christmas lights up all year long, except this guy lived in Hawaii and left them on a palm tree.

Where's Faerie, Maraquan, Royal, Grey, or heck Robot. A redraw would be nice Neo.

Poor Ogrins. I love the species so much, but this is just pathetic :(
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

Seerow wrote:Ewww. Just ewww.

It's not Christams. It reminds me of the people who leave their Christmas lights up all year long, except this guy lived in Hawaii and left them on a palm tree.

Where's Faerie, Maraquan, Royal, Grey, or heck Robot. A redraw would be nice Neo.

Poor Ogrins. I love the species so much, but this is just pathetic :(

I'm not an ogrin fan, but other than that, your comment says it all. Too islandy. Would be nice as an altered for another color idea, the brown and green mesh very well... but the baubles are too flat, not Christmassy. Overall, not as horrible as it could have been, but really sad as it is.
Image Image
Thank you MM for the Woobles!