Site links (subeta links now needed)

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:I only ask that you add it if you're considering linking to any anti-fostering pages, for the sake of balance.
Does such a thing exist? That seems a bit of a strange subject to build a pet page around.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Madge wrote:If anyone wants to use neoitems without registering, my account is Madge and my password is cheese.
My password would be madge <3
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Trick wrote:
Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:I only ask that you add it if you're considering linking to any anti-fostering pages, for the sake of balance.
Does such a thing exist? That seems a bit of a strange subject to build a pet page around.

I forget the URL, but I had one such petpage blazed at me by an applicant-- or rather, a non-applicant-- when I asked her if she'd read my adoption terms and conditions. (She had, if I rightly remember, sent me a single Neomail asking in non-capitalised chatspeak if she could have "the Kougra".)

It started out by describing one of the bleakest scenarios that can happen to any foster parent-- choosing an apparently-perfect owner then having the pet neglected and/or frozen-- and then seemed to claim that this was foster parents' fault for being obsessive. Instead of, you know, the new owner being hacked, or a genuine mistake over the "side accounts" rule AFTER the adoption was finalised (both of which have happened to me.)

So yes, they do exist, though they don't seem to be that rational.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Are you talking about the one made by our very own Mistress Morbid? The one that many of us contributed to? :P

http://www.neopets.com/~Sagewood

This one?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

But it's not anti-fostering, it's... I want to say "anti-stupid," but I think I'd rather go with "anti-pet-page-applications," but only when they're unwarranted.

EDIT: Although, reading RD's pet page, I imagine it must be MM's that she means. S.T.I.R. is all about the last section of RD's page, about the crazy rules for cheap pets--I think it's just a difference of opinion. Let's not put either in our links, and let's not discuss this further, unless you want to make a new thread in Misc to debate fostering. (Which would be perfectly all right, if you do, but I can tell you already that the argument would run: "But every pet is equal and deserves love!" "But they're pixels!" ad nauseum. And neither side would be wrong, they'd just be different.)
Image Image
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

I will not be linking any of the following:
- pages which discuss adoptions (it's not helpful to most people)
- sites which offer up pets which require petpage applications on the whole.

Hence, pick_a_pet is fine, and lost.flyatmignight is fine, but TNO and that other adoptions site I've forgotten the name of are not.